Would you die for your beliefs?

by purplesofa 48 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

purps,

It depends.

I would have to weigh the cost/benefit factor. I would die for those I love, in a heartbeat.

Other people that I care about, I might stick my neck out to protect them. You should know about that! I have run with information that you gave me, and tried to protect others. This was to my own detriment, and has caused me grief ever since.

I also have been very honest with my own personal foibles. This has given the slice-and-dice club fodder to harass me on this board at times. Some remind me of a hemorrhoid, they follow me around everywhere, and are a pain in my @$$. It really doesn't matter though, I want to help others by being honest with people about my struggles in life. If I can help one other person having the same problems, then the hell I have gone through has been worth it.

Good luck to you in your future adventures.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

PURPS- I would die for my loved ones. I would die for my wife. I would die for my parents. I would die for my children. I've talked with you, you are a wonderful lady who is well respected. You are very polite. A year from now - I will be dying to know how you are doing. I hope well. Peace to you friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JK666
    JK666

I am with Flipper.

Godspeed.

Love you oodles and gobs.

Good luck, may you not be deceived

JK

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    I'm pretty sure the term "die" that is being used here is literal. As in ceasing to live or the permanent cessation of all vital functions.
    No probs with that def either.

Sooo, what BELIEF would you die a literal death for ?!?!???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Honestly, I don't think a god worth worshipping would expect people to die for him. I do think that sometimes it might make sense to die for right and wrong or principles. I would not expect my children to die for my ideals or honor. I love them and I know they love me, they don't have to die to prove it. Now if someone was trying to force my children to kill or hurt others and they refused and it meant their deaths, I'd understand that.

• disfellowman
    disfellowman

yes. hands down.

• amicus
    amicus
    Death is the easiest thing of all.

Interesting but true. Even when one doesn't believe in an afterlife. People interred in conditions to horrid to even discuss here survive just to show they are strong enough to continue. Those same ones possibly would die without second thought to save another.

• wings
    wings

I wouldn't set my course for that. To be sure. I have proven to myself that I am capable of nearly bringing myself down for ones I love. If I get back in therapy, maybe someday, if I have to die for something, at least I will know that it is not because I am co-dependent. wings

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dying for people you love isn't necessarily dying for your beliefs. I think anyone would give their life trying to protect the people they love, especially children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit