New building Dubai.

by Peppermint 20 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus
    Imagine the look on Frank Loyd Wright's face if he saw this

Imagine what Frank Lloyd Wright could build today with some of the material and technology we have to work with.

Those towers would probably rotate to follow the sun so the interiors were lit by indirect lighting while maximizing solar panel usage/shading and have programmable overrides so you could have the sunrise wake you in your bedroom and be able to watch the sunset from your livingroom.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Thats pretty neat...but I couldn't look out the window.

small emoticon wee

h4o

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

nothing very positive about the influx of this money, Bangladeshi/Indian/Pakistani construction workers working in appalling conditions , earning a small pittance of a salary , while Sheikh Mohammad al Maktoum and his family live in wealth and splendor that has to be seen to be believed , just wondering what the service charge for these places are ?

• amicus
    amicus
    nothing very positive about the influx of this money, Bangladeshi/Indian/Pakistani construction workers working in appalling conditions , earning a small pittance of a salary , while Sheikh Mohammad al Maktoum and his family live in wealth and splendor that has to be seen to be believed , just wondering what the service charge for these places are ?

So true. Conditions there are probably as bad as they are here in the US. I wonder if any pregnant women there have died lately because they weren't allowed access to drinking water on a 100+ degree day? Those Arabs might even be as greedy as we Americans.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was expecting something interesting, but that was exceptional, well beyond anything I could expect.

JWs love things like the energy crisis to prove the end has to come soon, but this shows the inguenuity of humans to constantly adapt to their conditions.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think some people do things just because they can and for no better reason

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

"Imagine what Frank Lloyd Wright could build today with some of the material and technology we have to work with."

I just saw your think write here. I like how you think. Wow what a concept.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think the buildings are beautiful and fascinating. I tend to find beauty in oddities though and even in things others consider ugly. I'm weird like that.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Imagine the look on Frank Loyd Wright's face if he saw this

Imagine what Frank Lloyd Wright could build today with some of the material and technology we have to work with.

In fact a Saudi Prince wants to build Frank's Mile High Tower (originallt envisioned for Chicago) in Jeddah.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    I think the buildings are beautiful and fascinating. I tend to find beauty in oddities though and even in things others consider ugly. I'm weird like that.

Cog: I'm the same way. I love buildings and skyscrapers, some of which others call horrid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit