JW's are the least tolerant and least open minded of all religions!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Unfortunately this subject line contains the same fallacy that contributes to JW closed-mindedness: Hasty Generalization.

Not trying to criticize, but I thought it was worth pointing out. I realize there are probably some qualifiers to the statement...but as it reads, it's a fallacy.

I'll bet a lot of folks in the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints, the Taliban, etc., give many JWs a run for their money in the intolerance and closed-mindedness department.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I think the Mormon's are considerably more mainstream and open minded that JW's.For instance, they celebrate holidays, birthdays, etc, get involved in politics, enter the military, encourage education-they have their own University,accept blood,have succesful careers, etc.Some have even been on Survivor.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Gill:

Thanks for the link! Really an eye-opener!

TTRP

• White Dove
    White Dove

Really? JWs are?

Hmm...I didn't break a single rule on the forum and my thread gets locked. Maybe JWs aren't the only least tolerant.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Those type of thread are usually take too far... starts off with a little innuendo, and goes down hill. ;)

• godadist
    godadist

Wow cunningman, JW's look so very extreme on the pewforum site!

Craaaazy

• M.J.
    M.J.

:I think the Mormon's are considerably more mainstream and open minded that JW's.

I agree that Mormonism lends itself to more open-mindedness.

If you were referring to my post, I mentioned the FLDS, the polygamist sect in the news all the time, not the LDS.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Indeed you did ! I obviously missed the F.I'm so poor I can't even pay attention.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Their not allowed to have an open mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit