Is California Burning?

by compound complex 46 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

You can't even see the sun here in Redding, and yes it does hurt like hell to go out and breathe the air. They tell us not to run our coolers but what I want to know is how the hell do you survive when it is a whopping 105 without a cooler running. I said bull crap on that one I am running my cooler like it or not at least if I die from smoke inhalation at least I will be cool dead. LOL

• compound complex
    compound complex

366,656 acres burnt in 29 MAJOR fires.

Air quality is now healthy in Sacramento region and much of central California. Auburn's air quality is not as good but no longer in the unhealthy range.

Huge fire near Big Sur.

Some 3300 acres in Santa Cruz County.

Thanks again for you comments.

Stay healthy.

Breathe only when necessary.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Last night's news regarding the fires was a wake-up call. Thousands were evacuated with a moment's notice. My family albums, with photographs going back to the early 1900s, are packed and at the door.

• compound complex
    compound complex

No improvement anticipated.

• donny
    donny

It has been either smoky or hazy here in Morgan Hill, Ca for the better part of three weeks. First it was the smoke from the fires around Gilroy, Watsonville and the Santa Cruz mountains. Now it's from the fires from up in the Napa area all the way to Sacramento. I heard on the radio that it's really helping the cigarette smoker save a lot of money because in order to get their fix, they just have to go outside and inhale.

• compound complex
    compound complex

fire26

Just now received as e-mail - near Yosemite.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Fire45

This and previous photo were taken 28 July - Telegraph Hill fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit