Is California Burning?

by compound complex 46 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's bad here.

The air is thick, gray and burnt. My lungs ache. A banking rep told me yesterday that, while camping o'er the weekend, she observed four separate fires on the distant range.

Lightning strikes ... again and again and again.

Is your sky blue?

CoCo

• NikL
    NikL

Smoky here in Modesto as well. There are several fires burning in the Groveland area I am told as well as others east of Sacramento. All making for a soupy smoky day. I will say that so far today is better than yesterday...so far at least.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Sky's overcast again...looks like rain...not much for great weather here the past month...gee it's almost July already.

No smoke here...

hope4others

• compound complex
    compound complex

Northern California Fires Wildfires in Northern California are beginning to come under control, but they're still blanketing the skies with smoke. By KFBK NewsTeam Tuesday, June 24, 2008 One of the biggest blazes is burning in Fairfield along the Solana-Napa county borders. The 4000 acre fire, which is has been aptly named, the "Wild Fire," is threatening 250 homes, which are under mandatory evacuations. It's 60% contained. Governor Schwarzenegger toured the fire damage yesterday and talked about the resources being dispatched. The governor ordered his Office of Emergency Services to open their Fire Emergency Operations Center on a 24 hour basis to supporting firefighting efforts as more than 4000 firefighters continue to attack the flames.

• changeling
    changeling

Be careful dear CoCo, as the air quility may be poor. Stay indoors if possible.

changeling :)

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Where I live the sky is blue, I live in San Diego California.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Latest news indicates some 48,000 acres are burning/have burned.

Nik:

I was in Modesto last night but could see stars.

Thanks, all of you. Appreciate your concern, changeling.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

No relief from smoke in sight, though the smoke itself is truly in sight.

A deadly pall ...

CoCo Coughs

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

It's really bad... I've barely gone outside for the last two days. It's like Krakatoa all over again.

Today's looking a little better.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Between Fresno and Visalia the air is UNHEALTHY according to KOPI the weatherguy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit