Times and Unforeseen Occurances

by purplesofa 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never could give Jehovah all the credit for any good in my life, even if I worked for it, without also giving Him the blame for the bad. Especially when I did everything perfectly, and things were fxxxed up by something I had no ability to alter. It is then that Jehovah must properly take the blame for a bad outcome, and not pass the blame on me for not doing enough field circus or having the wrong desires.

• Casper
    Casper
    and not pass the blame on me for not doing enough field circus or having the wrong desires.

Good Point, WT

Cas

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

This is the best example of what is being talked about here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

• arwen
    arwen

After watching the video from Iwonder17 I would like to say to him/her.....If your child suddenly became very ill and was dying in your arms I would bet you would might not be down on your knees to a milk jug but you would be down on your knees to a higher power ...

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Interesting that you say that comment.

I find it funny that the only time that we look to a higher power is when there is trouble, and as a last ditch effort we ask for gods help. Are we just as quick to talk to god when something good happens? Do we immediately pray to him after sex thanking him for that wonderful time ( and no, that is not a bad example or one in poor taste )

Do we thank him immediately thank him when we have a great dinner?

Lastley, what do you think god will do for a sick child? he will not cure him as that would be a miracle and he does not perform those any more. Will he give us comfort? again, I think that that is even a miracle, so I think no. If praying brings you comfort it is because you believe that it is helping, it is a mind trick, there is no physical change that is happening.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I just know I am happier now.

Regardless of the occurrances, we have that. Whoopee!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit