My first convention

by kurtbethel 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• TD
    TD
    In the drama they represented books of worldly wisdom and the decent christians put them to the torch. Audio to come.

It was a flashback to Acts 19:19 where new converts burned their books on magic to keep the deeeeemoniz away

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Kurtbethell

Love this thread. Do you mean that Scolio who had polio was scoldio about science text books???. Did the Society really reffer to books which taught science or did the Society reffer to books that have empty knowlege such as books on the occult or Greek mythology? How does the Society justify that ALL books are bad except their own. Has the Society ever sat down and read a book on, say, calculus for instance??. I really do think that the Society prohibits higher learning. My JW family ALWAYS discourages me from learning math, science or physics as if there is somethin satanic about it. They always say that I could learn all that math stuff in the new system and that it is wrong to waste my time with it now!!!.

Well I think that math is simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Thanks for showing the great pictures. The one with the guy holding the keep moving sign makes me sick. For any women out there when you use the restroom did they have the mirrors covered with paper, so you can't check out how you look. They want to keep you moving. I did not see any signs that said "if it's on the floor pick it up". Back in the day I saw this sign. Today if I went and they told me to be quite or keeping moving. My reply would be BITE ME!

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

did you delete some of the pics??

• erandir
    erandir

I'm just marking this for later. I can't view the pics at work. They are blocked or something.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

um what kind of camera - very good pics!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"um what kind of camera - very good pics!"

Cheapy Kodak C613, but I am a very good photographer.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

yep not bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit