Jesus mentioned it so it MUST be true... ?

by LtCmd.Lore 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dogon2
    dogon2

If I am not mistaken it is a form of Adhoc reasoning, or circular reasoning. Using what you are trying to prove to prove it. The society uses many false methods to prove something, and it works with the uneducated, whey do you think that they hate college so much?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I agree exactly with what you say. But, how do we even know that Jesus said exactly that? That is just the account - some unkown wrote down that Jesus supposedly said this - but about 40 to 50 years AFTER Jesus was ostensibly alive - the most telling thing is that Jesus never wrote anything himself, except one line in the sand and the only reason we know that is because someone else reported that, again, 40 or 50 years after the actual event.

SO first, it's a big IF that he even referenced it, and MOST LIKELY he is referring to an oft-referenced incident that was vivid in his listener's/audience's imagination - whether actually factual or not...

• poppers
    poppers
    Of course I believe Jesus was a fictional character also, so its akin to frank burns referencing ward clever.

Good one, but silly you! How could that happen since Ward Cleaver came after Frank Burns?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit