Short of elders/MS why the silly microphone policy

by stillajwexelder 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OK - in our circuit anyway loads of brothers who get less than the national average hours can not do microphones etc.

Now if you are short of elders it makes zero sense. Why not let every brother who is a regular publisher do mics/platform/literature/mags etc?

If you are extra special and do the national average then faior enough you can do more. Also if you ghave an elder who has stepped down but still a regualr publisher - why not let him do public talks? I mean if he is still a good speaker ethen why not?

I hear so many stories of burnt out elders and that was the real reason for the new bookstudy arrangement- wh ynot let others carry some of the load?

• oompa
    oompa

so sister can help park cars at a DC....as in give DIRECTION.....but can not hand off a mic??????.........total bullsh1tt.............pathetic..........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why?..Because..It sets a bad example for every JW thats not doing enough..None of those lazy bastards are doing enough!!......Thats why theres meetings and assemblies.To let every JW know,their not doing enough!!..And..To toss guys like Terry out...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have a lot to learn about cults.

DO MORE. GET A REWARD.
    Do less, get talked about and pressured to do more.

If they let anyone handle a microphone or do a talk,
    where is the incentive to be regular or increase your
    field circus? Better to make the guy think everyone is
    whispering about his lousy productivity.

• oompa
    oompa

otwo:

yet they can let sistas clean the terlits till doomsday comes???? hey .....a privilege is a priv.....oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sisters can`t handle Mic`s..It`s a Phallic Symbol..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In my hall there were 2 unbaptized guys doing microphones. They weren't even publishers™. One had downs syndrome and the other was an 8 year old kid. I wasn't allowed to do microphones because they removed all my privileges because I was taking a part time course.

W

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

on the way out writes:

You have a lot to learn about cults.

DO MORE. GET A REWARD.
    Do less, get talked about and pressured to do more.

Very true.

This is EXACTLY the mentality on the BOE. The carrot and stick is alive and well in Jehovah's house.

A recent real scenario:

Elder One: "Brother Zombie's average field service has climbed to over 8 hours, it's time we gave him a little reward to let him know that we are noticing his efforts"

Elder Two: "Perhaps he could assist with public talk coordination, Brother FumbleFace could use a little help."

Elder Three: "Not visible enough. We need to give him an assignment behind the counter, so that the congregation sees that he is being rewarded for his efforts, perhaps others will get the message"

Elder One: "Good thinking Brother Perpetual Ass-Kisser. You and I are on the same page with this. All in favor of putting Brother Zombie behind the magazine counter..."

Elder Four (me): dry heaving noise

The Oracle

• sir82
    sir82
    Brother Zombie's average field service has climbed to over 8 hours

Undoubtedly, 6 of which are spent sitting inside an air-conditioned car, riding around while other people do their return visits. Brother Zombie, of course, says "I did all mine recently" and so has nothing to do other than ride around.

But boy, he got that number higher, and that of course is the most important thing!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Undoubtedly, 6 of which are spent sitting inside an air-conditioned car, riding around while other people do their return visits. Brother Zombie, of course, says "I did all mine recently" and so has nothing to do other than ride around.

But boy, he got that number higher, and that of course is the most important thing!

That's if he even went out at all.

There were plenty of months I reported above the national average, yet didn't go out once.

"I must have done at least 10 hours of informal witnessing during the month." ... Hey, if it works to keep someone who's going inactive active ... then why not to keep me with my mic duties?

Actually, I lost my mic privs because my 2 year old couldn't sit still enough for the elder's liking, so obviously since I couldn't control my family, I could risk not being able to control a mic. I might pass it to the wrong person or something.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit