WERE THERE ANY THIEFS IN YOUR CONGREGATIONS?

by badboy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I knew of one accounts servant that was caught "borrowing" from the contributions. He had lost his job and was having problems paying his bills. Good thing he had family in high places, but he wasn't allowed to handle money any more. The WTS does not like its money tampered with.

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

I got my Bible stolen one time!

I had special ordered one of the burgundy leather Bibles from the society. My hall didn't keep those in stock; you had to wait until they were doing their literature order for the month and get the MS to add it onto the order for you. (I kinda recall the Insight books being the same way.) Anyway, after it had finally arrived, the brother at the literature counter gave it to me when I came in. I hung up my coat in the coatroom and put the new Bible on the shelf above it, since I had my old Bible with me and the new one was still shrink wrapped and the pages stick together in new ones anyway. After the meeting, when I went to get my coat, my new Bible was gone!

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• undercover
    undercover

JWs are ripe for the taking...

Because they believe that they are the only unified brotherhood on earth, above reproach when it comes to honesty and ethics, they'll pretty much believe any old load of shit handed to them from another supposed member.

More than once someone moved into the congregation, put on a good show of being a zealous JW only to scam the "friends" out of money and possessions.

Fortunately, I, being cynical and suspicious by nature, was never taken by the scam artists. I was usually one of the ones that kept saying that something wasn't right only to be hushed by everyone else and fussed at for daring to question the validity of one of our brothers. In the end, when someone was exposed, it was very hard to not be smug about it and say "I told you so". Now years later, I have no problem saying, "I told you so...HAH!"

• Emma
    Emma

A couple of brothers helped us move once. Two of my grandmothers rings were stolen from my jewelry box; irreplaceable. I watched their wives and daughters for any sign but never saw anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit