Last nights play/Work (photos)

by Sparkplug 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

OK, I am not a graphic artist. Just take the photos. But I have been trying to dabble and thought you all might be able to give me a few yahs or nays. So I am throwing it out there. Some are what I normally do for clients, and some is what I was doing last night. Creating...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Looks good,

and who is the lovely lady?

purps

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey Purps! Well I think it is great. But you know the first few photos I took, I thought were fabulous also. Then, I look back and could shoot myself in the foot. So someone like Seven 006 maybe has some advice where they see slip ups. Graphic people that is.

If they would be so kind.

I guess I could go find a photo forum, register, upload and throw myself to the wolves...but don't want to bug with it today.

Oh, That is Trinity I. She was on MTV (Jamaican) BBC 4 or something like that that I do not have access to last week. She is pretty no'? A freaking animal. That is why I did her up like that.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

You know they are click able? The little pics get larger so you can really critique.

OK...Taking my crayons...and going home! Harrumph.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

GORGEOUS, HON!!!

I love the chiaroscuro. (heh heh heh... see... I even used an art word so you'd know I knew what I was talking about. And I used it correctly, and furthermore, I MEAN it.)

Love,
    Baba.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

BABA! You got me...

"chiaroscuro Italian for "light-dark." The gradations of light and dark values in two-dimensional imagery; especially the illusion of rounded, three-dimensional form created through gradations of light and shade rather than line. Highly developed by Renaissance painters. "

I had to look it up. Not a clue what you were talking about. Now I am staring trying to figure out what the hell I did?

Crap!

I hate being self taught. It is constantly..Push this, "What's this doo's?" "Found this thingi..Now lets read on it, What is this for." Best yet, "WTH are they talking about?"

I am learning though. Baby steps.

• PEC
    PEC

Looks good to me, you have seen the pictures I take, no one could fit them.

Philip

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Not that I'm a designer but I work for a group of magazines and get to see quite a bit of stuff come in (I'm on the advertising side of things) Looking at the pics in high res. One that caught my eye is where it looks like she has a ""shadow mask on"" I would have loved to have seen a leaf here/there greened up (dont know the technique) or lips with slight red hue - just to add a touch of colour - though mostly in black and white.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Great photos! You have very beautiful sincere eyes.

• oompa
    oompa

I love shadows and black and white and sepia....you got some skills girl! My personal fave is the squat on the log...really nice background...but you could have used a touch of fill-flash to lighten the eye area....as a rule you must see the eyes...window to the soul and all ....a slave flash at the right angle could have done it...with a diffuser. One of them has an effect but it totally washed out her face...gone. And close up facials are just dang hard....you have to super think out the lighting and what you are after...what you want to hide or not. I liked the ones with some background the best......keep it up sparky!...........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit