A real-life dub fairy tale. Happy ending? Not so much.

by parakeet 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

I guess if they can turn their backs on their families and friends for this cult, it shouldn't surprise us that they are equally heartless to the elderly and disabled among them.

Dubs are sick, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally.

StAnn

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It seems to be arbitrary. When my mother was in CCU the last week of her life, her congregation showed up and were there all day long, every day until she died. In contrast, my mother's best friend, who is now in her 80s was a pioneer for over 30 years and a help for everyone in the congregation. When she and her husband went into a senior home, no one helped. When her husband was hospitalized no one helped. No one visited. When he died, not a soul came to comfort her. She refused to have a funeral, she was so angry about it. She still pioneers, by the way. Oh yeah, and she shuns her oldest daughter who isn't a JW any longer, even though the oldest daughter is the only one who has helped her significantly.

• flipper
    flipper

PARAKEET- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It is sure great she has loving " apostate " adult children as yourself to help her. I totally understand your anger. My mom has health problems and up until the last 4 or 5 months she was expected to go to meetings, sit in hard chairs, and go out in service , all with a bad hip using a walker ! Finally - both her 81 and my dad 83 decided to not go to the district convention and have it put on CD for them by my self righteous elder brother. The lack of real human compassion and love in this outlaw organization is truly pathetic

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Apparently that seems to be the norm...if you have adult children it is there responsibility. And when you get aged they kick you to the curb of no more value.

I've seen it with my own parents. Your old you know nothing anymore, it is disgraceful. And I agree its most likely a made up story for so called encouragement

to keep you going.

hope4others

• M.J.
    M.J.

Everyone's too busy working out their own salvation.

• parakeet
    parakeet

M.J. wrote: "Everyone's too busy working out their own salvation."

• thepackage
    thepackage

All that talk about love and how they take care of each other is a bunch of BS!!! I supported two young sisters from the Hall for almost two years and not one person offered to help!!! I totally changed my families’ lifestyle to have these two sisters live with us. When I wanted some privacy, nobody would volunteer to take them for a few days. I paid for their cloths; food, everything and I would always be told how I was “storing up treasures in heaven and how Jehovah would bless me”. All a bunch of bull!!!!! JW only look after themselves!!! They will only display “love” if it benefits them.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Thats a sad situation to hear,but I know first hand that is how it works. Out of site,out of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit