embarassing fs moments

by jehovahsheep 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• troubled mind
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

Funniest experience i can remember is one morning working with our Book Study conductor . The door was his and a teenage boy answers the door. After introducing us the Elder reaches in his bag for the current W&A and tells the young man the Awake has pertinent information for young people like himself for example this months Awake has an article entitled

" How to Overcome the problem of Masturbation " ummmmm.....well this is an issue for some young people ...Other articles in this issue are .......

Obviously he had not looked at his magazines before putting them in his bag .He just figured he'd whip out a generic Young People Ask article and all would be good . I couldn't help myself ,but hide behind him and laugh my a** off . Leaving the embarrassed young man we head for the car and the Elder says "Well that will teach me to prepare my magazines ahead of time "

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I refused to work with that damn masturbation issue, I also didn't do the "Kingdom News # 37" which was the most in-your-face, propaganda I had ever seen. I also hated the issue about world destruction a couple weeks after 9/11

But my most embarrassing moments was when we would take a break out in service and I'd run into friends from school, and they'd wonder why I was sitting dressed up in a Hy-Vee store on a Saturday morning with a group of old people I didn't know.

• undercover
    undercover

I went to the door with a cute sister that I kinda had a crush on.

A lady (I say "lady") came to the door with only a sheer dressing gown thingy on. See through and unbuttoned. She had reason to be proud of her body...it was awesome. It was my turn to give the presentation and all I could get out was, "My name is Jehovah's Witness and I'm one of undercover...." and stammered and stumbled through a very short magazine offer never taking my eyes off her but feeling my face turn about 5 shades of red. I felt the sister take a step back, couldn't see her but I could tell she was thoroughly enjoying my nervousness at the situation.

When we got back in the car, the sister lost it laughing uncontrollably while trying to tell the car group what happened. I was beet red and embarrassed cause I got so flustered in front of a girl I liked...

But it was cool to have a near naked chick come to the door...

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

There are too many to post!! Here's just a couple:

We always had to go out in service on Saturdays and one morning I wasn't feeling well---my mom made me go anyway---I ended up vomiting on someones front lawn. I was horrified!! To a teenage girl this is about the worst thing that could happen.

Another classic---stepping in dog poo and trying to get it off your shoe with wadded up kleenex from your service bag. This never works. Try getting back in the car group with that smell!!! Atleast I was taken back to my car at the hall. I ended up putting my shoes in the trunk. Good times.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Not sure if this is a JW Urban Legend or not, but here is the story I've heard a dozen times ...

"Two witnesses on field service going door to door approach one house where a woman answers the door and throws a pot of soup on them. The witnesses leave, but come back with a fresh pot of soup that the lady wasted. This attitude made the woman see how Christian the Witnesses really are."

Now, being a JW for nine years ... I just can't see that story being real. In fact, I would consider that house off-limits.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Having some toothless woman screams from the back of the house..."It's in the calender!" So you knock again..."Were it always is"

Finally, she comes to the door, gets $5 or whatever from a little envelope tacked next to the door and hands it to you.

She thinks your the "insurance man"...of course.. as it's your first time calling on someone deep in the rural south you still dont have a clue.

Then ..her 4 year old boy drops his drawers and pees in the corner of the room.

Random Memories of working in the Mississippi River bottoms, West Tennessee about 1976

Jeff

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

oh yea.. getting caught swatting a cockroach as it tries to invade your bag at the next place down the road..........

Jeff

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Those sweet Amish people are the worst puppy millers in the country. They call them cash crops. They also have a huge problem will birth disorders because they intermarrry. I drove thru there and saw those towns like "Intercourse" and stopped to look at this beautiful barn that had the boards hung lengthwise so they could be turned open to dry the tobacco. It was hot and I was wearing shorts, top and flipflops. These women came out and stared at me and whispered to each other. They were wearing the full deal including hats. I said, "Hello, beautiful barn." No answer. "Sure is a hot day." more whispering "Have a nice day" I left. Rude people as far as I can tell.

• parakeet
    parakeet

dogisgod wrote: "Those sweet Amish people are the worst puppy millers in the country. They call them cash crops. They also have a huge problem will birth disorders because they intermarrry."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit