embarassing fs moments

by jehovahsheep 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

what are some strange things that have happened to you in fs?i remember accompying a sister 20 years my senor in the door to door.she started slipping on the ice=i reached out to help her and got 2 handfulls of breast.she proceeded to hold my arm and give me this lustful look with her tongue showing.talk about uncomfortable..

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

another thing is being seen with some of the goons out in public.

• New light for you
    New light for you

Ok, i have a good one. Just a good 2 months ago....

Out in service with one of my honestly most missed sisters... pioneer.. my adopted "mom" (unless i leave the truth then no more love)... anyway...I have my 4 year old who's getting antsy at the door. SO i hear pioneer sister talking, but i'm looking at my kid. I hear householder VERY intersted in talking, and pioneer sister VERY interested in leaving... finally look up. Householder is a HUGELY,,, i mean REALLY REALLY fat lady, who is wearing a shirt, hair, done, makeup done... and JUST underwear (thank god for that!). It almost looked like she couldn't see over her belly, and had NO idea she forgot to put pants on! The pioneer kept trying to leave, and the householder kept wanting to talk, ask questions... it was hysterical. i really believe she didn't know she didn't have pants on.

what fun in service.

• redredrose
    redredrose

Keep in mind that I live in the South where manners are paramount. I remember a number of years ago calling on this door and small elderly lady with a sweet smile answered the door.

So I went through my small sermon and read the scripture and asked her how she felt about it. She said, still with that sweet, sweet
    smile on her face, "You seem like such a sweet girl, its a pity you're going to burn in hell!".

Oh my God! She shut the door in my face, and I stood there shocked. After a while all I could do was laugh! It still puts a smile on my face.

Only in the South.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I was at a house with the PO and his wife. We were inside, talking to an old man and woman whom they knew, but I had never seen before. The old lady asked the PO's wife if I was her son, which was a little weird because she was easily old enough to be my grandma, maybe great grandma. But whatever, she said no, we're just friends. So they keep talking and about thirty seconds later she again asks if I was her son, and the PO's wife again said no we're just friends. So this keeps going on, and the old lady obviously has absolutely no idea what's happening, because in ten minutes of conversation she asked if I was their son no fewer than a dozen times. That's not an exaggeration, and I'm not being a downer on old people, because this was truly sad. I'm like, do I excuse myself, or what, because I'm being a distraction, or just wait it out so I don't look like a jerk. It was really awkward.

• parakeet
    parakeet

redredrose wrote: "Only in the South."

Oh, we have some doozies here in Pennsylvania, redrose. A year ago I drove by a church that sported a sign reading, "Friends don't let friends go to hell." And the people that slammed the door in my face more often than any others were none other than those sweet, peaceful, and quaint Amish folk. And they didn't tell me I seemed like a sweet girl before they slammed it.

I don't remember any particularly embarrassing field service moments. Every minute I spent in field service was an embarrassment.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

being in a car group where everyone is mad and wont talk-what awaste of time.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

A friend told me her experience ...how true well anyones guess....

She wears glasses and her eyes are bad...vanity makes her leave them in the car and goes

up to a house, she see's a man in the backyard so she says "Hi there, I see your out watering your

yard this morning"....tee hee hee he was taking a leak.

h4o

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

One of the last times I ever went door to door, it was a hot Saturday morning and I had my 5-year-old son with me, sweaty and uncomfortable in his long dark pants, button down collar shirt and little tie. I promised him that if we did just two more doors, we'd go get a snow cone. We talked about that for a minute as we walked up to the door. I knocked, this sour-faced guy answered, and my little son obediently handed him a tract. I started my spiel and Jackson (my son) interrupted and said to the guy, "You know what?" I stopped talking, thinking that my angel was going to say something about the tract, and said, "what, sweetie?" Jackson, still talking to the man (who still looked like he'd just sucked a lemon), said: "You know, if you eat a blue snow cone, your poop turns green." (It does, too, at least his does.) I burst out laughing, but the guy still looked grouchy, so I wound it up fast (kind of like, "you don't want these magazines, do you?"), left, and decided we'd done one door too many that morning.

Nina

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just being out there, and having someone come to the door, is embarrassing. And especially if anyone that I know or that I might have been attracted to shows up at the door while I am out in field circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit