What is the shortest prayer you have ever heard in the KH?

by asilentone 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think the shortest one I ever heard was at the afternoon meeting on Superbowl Sunday.

Kwin

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't think a prayer should take longer than a bowel movement, but that's just me.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Can't remember any short ones. Our brothers were pretty good that way. However when we went to conventions different story. I would honestly sit down, I used to get irritated, espeicailly the last prayer on the last day - brother just about goes through every bloody talk.

• oompa
    oompa

Lord, we owe you sooo much. Please help us always remember that. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.....it was short but kinka effective me thought..........oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have never heard any nice short prayers at the boasting sessions. Usually, they run about 2 minutes (unless the hounder-hounder is giving them; then, they last the standard 5 or 6 minutes.

I would like to have no prayer.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thank you God for giving me the wisdom to stay away from the ass-emblies.

Short enough?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I heard that exact short prayer once. We had an older brother (he's dead now) who was a stickler about meeting times. We also had other brothers (you all know them) that don't care that it's time for the meeting to end, they'll keep going on entertaining questions until everybody has had a chance to have their say. I was in an elders/MS meeting once where this older brother said that the meetings are supposed to end ON TIME.

The very next Watchtower study, the conductor once again was trailing over. The older brother was in the back of the hall, underneat the clock. He was pointing at the clock and waving because they should have started the closing song five minutes ago. This older brother is also the one who was assigned the closing prayer for this meeting. After the song, he went up and said "Heavenly father Jehovah, thank you for this meeting in Jesus' name, amen."

As I mentioned, this brother is dead now but he was one of the most outspoken, unfearing brother I ever remember seeing in the "Truth" for all the time I was a believer. I had alot of respect for him because of that.

er

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My mom insisted that my Dad say a prayer b4 dinner. He would try to catch us when we weren't ready and then said as fast as he could, "JehovahthankyouforthefoodweareabouttoreceiveinJesusnameAmen".

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The shortest was less than half a minute. It was the afternoon of the Superbowl XIX in 84. They cut the washtowel to a few minutes too. No reading, no kids answering and no elaboration. Just ask and move ask and move....LOL

• agent zero
    agent zero

a good friend of mine who's usually good on stage once got really nervous or something during the thursday closing prayer, and after "jehovah god, we thank you for..." he drew a complete blank and after a few seconds which i'm sure felt to him like minutes, just closed with "sorry.. in jesus name amen" good times

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit