all those books

by runningonfaith 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I got rid of all my literature - I tore them up so some poor person would pick it up and then convert.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Tore them to pieces, then, threw them out in the garbage.

Blueblades

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I threw them away (and let me tell you....I felt SO GUILTY when I threw the Bible in the trash ). However, I recently found some old Watchtowers and Awakes in my room and in the trunk of my car. I'm sure those will be meeting their demise soon.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Any of the ones that I had I burned. Some were given to me, some I stole from my mother for the sole purpose of burning them. My MIL recently found that New World tract with the stupid Pandas on it. I'll be burning that one at our next fire.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Ah, they can be valuable.

I sold a few duplicates to a religious book dealer 10 years ago - and made about $130! There were a couple he was especially interested in do to inaccurate quotes that made them infamous among collectors.

I had a pocket sized, leather bound set of the Studies in the Scriptures that he didn't even know existed!

S4

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Box em all up and bring them to the nearest Kingdumb hall and drop them off at the front door include this scripture in large type on the top of the box

(Ecclesiastes 12:12) 12 As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

On a cold December night way back in the 1970s ...

All of them went into the fireplace.

The fire was very hot and lasted very long.

But not as hot nor as long as the Big Fire waiting for the WTBTS elite.

• edward612
    edward612

I put them on my book room

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Re Nameless_One's comment about destroying this trash if you don't want it for reference....

My wife found a "treasure trove" of old witchtowers and asleeps at the local tip's recycling section. It appears that the tip attendant had retrieved them from the landfill as "someone might be interested in them". As my wife is studying with the witnesses, this was too good a find to pass up.

Upon recounting this story to the local elder's wife (who she studies with) it appears (was alleged??) that one of the other elders had years ago found a pile of discarded WTS crap, read it, contacted the local hall and converted. Also his wife & kids.

Moral of the story is, even accounting for JW "urban legends" that you should destroy by burning or pulping or some other positive and permanent means any literature you don't want or can't pass onto someone who can make good (non-WTS) use of it. The last thing you want is to be the conduit of someone's entry into this most regrettable of societies.

h9k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit