all those books

by runningonfaith 18 Replies latest jw friends

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

my wt librery is going in the recycle bin a little at the time.what did you do with the wt books?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I threw them all out long before I realized that I was a fader.

NMG

• blondie
    blondie

You can send them to Randy Watters (he will probably pop for the postage). He supplies church libraries and sells some online to support his website.

www.freeminds.org

• RR
    RR

I kept all mine, since I'm a bit of a collector. Any doubles I have I've ebayed. Most of the booklets from the 1900s-1950s, I've scanned, and then ebayed the originals. The scans I've made available for free download on a website I have.

But even now, I've been ebaying a lot of items, as I'm not getting any younger and this stuff is just collecting dust.

RR

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Recycling is good for the environment. Thats the best use for this stuff. Only kept a couple of the "extra crazy" bits to prove stuff to dubs still in.

• RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

I don't remember, it has been so long ago. Plus they change what they believe in around any way so it probably wouldn't have paid to hold on to them. Although there is ebay.......

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

If you do recycle them, please remove the covers or otherwise "disassemble" them somehow (wouldn't want some unwary worldly stumbling across it and then sharing the experience from the platform years later, dontcha know).

An even better solution, if you're willing to accept a minor degree of hassle, is to donate it for purposes of cult-awareness. Blondie's suggestion is a good one.

Whatever you choose to do with it, congratulations for getting out and wanting to toss it :-)

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Sold most of mine. The rest went in the dumpster.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I burnt most of mine in my fire place except the watchtower vol's starting from 59......

I had ordered many of the older ones when I regular pioneered. Seemed I needed many to

prepare for pioneer school. They were still so obsolete ....

Wish I would have hung on to a few other books though for reference... Although with the pdf copies here provided by some

who needs the original, you can print off the page you want.

Cheers!

hope4others

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't even remember. I had quite a library, loads of volumes of WTs, pretty much all the books, a lot of bibles. What did I do? Dumpster? Recycle? Thrift store? I think I donated them to a thrift store benefiting a different religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit