The Koolaid is ready!!!!

by whereami 18 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

E-mail going around JW land.

Illustration about obedience given by a brother at a new Kingdom Hall in New England:

'...do you realize that in the Bible there are many instances of situations where Jehovah's people were given directions that made no sense from a human standpoint and seemed totally illogical? For instance - Abraham sacrificing Isaac; Noah building an ark when there had never been rain; Moses having the Israelites march out in battle formation and then marching back in the direction they left. Pharaoh thought they were crazy and then Moses led them to the Red Sea; Pharaoh thought he could kill them all as their backs were against the wall (sea). Also Gideon; his army was whittled down to 300 men. With torches and jars they went out to defeat the enemy. And what about Jericho; for six days they marched around the city once and on the seventh day they marched seven times and then shouted. Then there was Jehoshophat who was afraid when the Ammonites and others were coming to annihilate them. He prayed, and Jehovah said put the singers and women and children in front of the armed forces and go and meet the enemy! All of these situations were Jehovah's direction but they seemed foolish, illogical from a human standpoint. It seemed each time as if they would be killed.'

Then the brother asked this question: 'Do you have the faith to follow the direction of the faithful and discreet slave in these last days even if you don't understand what they are asking and it seems as if you will die because the direction is illogical? Will you quickly obey and trust the channel Jehovah is using?' He told us to carefully meditate on that because we will be in a similar situation in the tribulation where we will think we are facing death, but we need to obey quickly the directions given.'

• knock knock
    knock knock

How can you argue with that sort of reasoning? I'll take the green kool-aid please. Better make it two - to go.

• ninja
    ninja

nowadays I would run up to the platform and headbutt him...to put him out of his cult misery

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Yep. Kinda scary, but the brightside is a nice finite kool-aid party beats fracturing into dozens of spin-off cults. Just look how Catholicism gave birth to dozens of sects. If we keep them under 1 tent, at least we can keep an eye on them and our families can only be in or leave, not move horizontally. :oP

• *summer*
    *summer*
    Will you quickly obey and trust the channel Jehovah is using?

Very disturbing...

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Sounds interesting.

I got rid of the mental currency with which I purchased this bullshit before.

So, I won't be buying it any longer.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Brother in each instant of obedience cited, there was a reason 4 it which becomes clear & thus not in vain, however in the case of the org we can measure it's insane 'direction', as there is no clarification for that obedience. Let me cite changes in doctrine with regards 2 blood, rape & the like 2 show our obedience was in vain. How can the org justify that?

• cawshun
    cawshun

Unbelievable, the more I hear the more baffled I get to try to understand those buying into this malarky. My only answer is when they go to the meetings and DC's, they are totally not paying attention, they can't be. I really think they go because they have to show face other then that they must be listening to their ipods instead of what it being said. Or day dreaming waiting for the time to pass so they can get the heck out of there. I have attended a DC before with family and it was the most boring thing I have ever gone to, not a single thing was uplifting. They mentaly are not present, even when all the lights are on, their still in the dark!

• Satanus
    Satanus

That isn't new. They've used that brainwash for yrs.

S

• blondie
    blondie

I see there is obvious lack of NT examples. Is it no wonder that jws think of themselves more as Israelites than Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit