Being shunned by JW's who you know have done worse than you

by milligal 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I go through this!!! I disassociated becasue I refused to teach the 1914 doctrine. I told the olders it did not make any sense and i could not and would not accept it. They would not have to keep on revising the new generation teaching if it made any sense. So they said I would have to lie and say I accepted it or be disf. Well I refused to say I accepted it and decided to dissaccociate instead because of the ridiculousness of the whole situation. I am now treated like a leper who is worse than Judas all because I refused to lie!!! Pretty shaddy huh?

• Vincent
    Vincent

Hi

I am not sure from a bible student who chose to leave, are also shunned, until he/she comes back, after I left the Cult over a blood transfusion refusal death. I havent bumped in to any JW's since if I do I probley would of forgotten them due to my poor memeory I have. I wasnt Baptised

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I was disfellowshipped in the early 90's for immoral behavior-I later married my temptation. But I digress, my best friend was also DF'd. We would ride to the meetings together and sit with one another. There was a brother at the hall who referred to our usual spot as "Disfellowhip Row." His wife was the type who would always give you dirty looks and felt it was her job to remind you of your bad standing in the congregation. The first few times she looked at me, I was taken back a bit, then I started to intentionally sit near her and made sure when she was looking at me, I gave her a dirty look back. But the funny thing, well, not so funny but more ironic, is that her husband later was DF'd for a Homosexual relationship he had with a Younger (under 18) brother at the hall. They got divorced. Years later, My husband and I saw him at a Nightclub and he was totally out there!! We spoke and couldn't believe how life goes in a full circle. What goes around really does come back around.

• DiscoSandy
    DiscoSandy

It stinks! Especially when the JW's who shun you are relatives, who have done MANY worse things than you. I will never be able to make any sense of it.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Oh, I forgot to mention this 'brother' was an elder and his wife was a pioneer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit