My son is moving in with his girlfriend............Consequences????

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest social family

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE GUILT- Very interesting set of circumstances here. It is a great thing you have re-connected with your son ! I'm happy for you ! You and I have both talked before about our similar circumstances with inactive adult children. As you know my son is 23, has been inactive over 5 years, and moved in with his girlfriend over a year and a half ago. I still don't think his JW mom knows- as she lives an hour and a half away from him. She tried to witness in an e-mail to him, but because he's going to college and being corrupted( in her false view) she won't have much to do with him at all. In spite of him being a great, extremely loving son !

Now - here is my take for you. I recommend that you let your ex-wife find out ON HER OWN about your son's living arrangements with his girlfriend. Don't you feed the ex-wife ANY information about it. Let your son find out how crazily " cult controlled " his mom is himself - because if she is as fanatic as you say , she will get emotional when and if she finds that her inactive son is living with said girlfriend. I truly believe YOUR job is to be there emotionally for your son - when the nuclear fallout happens with his mother. It will just make you as his Dad seem THAT MUCH more desirable to be hanging with- your son knowing you have his back. Let your ex-wife dig her own grave with your son - but don't YOU be the one to dig it for her, if she is like you say, she'll screw up her own relationship with her son. That's what my ex-wife ( a witness ) did with my son. He can't stand her passive aggressive self righteousness.

Also in regards to your comment about , " If she doesn't go to the elders I am going to nail her on her high and mighty stand she took when we were married. " I don't recommend doing that. Just let sleeping dogs lie. Let it go. It might rile her up where if she is the vindictive type like my ex- she just might take you at your word to prove you wrong, getting in a pissing match with you, for what, to prove a point ? And guess who would suffer ? That's right. Your son and your relationship. She'd turn him in, just to drive a wedge between you and your son. Don't risk that. Just stay quiet to her, live your new life with your son- and count yourself blessed. Involve the ex-wife- and it could turn into a curse - real quick !

I haven't talked with my first ex-wife in a year and a half- and I'm amazed how peaceful my life is with Mrs. Flipper ! It works ! Good luck with your son ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Hey Mr. Flipper.......Good to see you friend. Ya, I have given alot more thought to the situation since posting the thread. As always, I have gotten some great input from everyone here. It's always nice to know that you have GOOD friends here at JWD. Seeing as how I haven't spoken to my ex in over a year, I'll just leave her be. She has her opwn set of problems with her new jw spouse, I have heard that he is rather anal about most every day things.

I am happy in my own life and really don't need her back in mine, in ANY way. I don't know how my older son will take all of this, as I know that he is active but I don't think that he'll do anything to disrupt or jeopardise his brothers FREE life. Once again, Thanks go out to everyone that has a hand in guiding my thoughts on this matter.

NMG

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Just wondering if there were any consequences....and if so..what happened.

lisa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Buy them a good housewarming present. Be the one who is happy for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit