Shalom! (Peace!)

by Danage 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Danage
    Danage
    Shalom

My sincerest apologies for an extremely late seven years later reply. I lost access to this account (I forgot the password) and never found a way back, forgot about his post but earlier I was randomly researching, remembered I made this post and reset my password.

In regards to me potentially advertising, it was in effect an announcement. It was very arrogant of me back then. I was very proud to be an 'Arian Catholic' back then. I did, however, revert to Judaism, my ancestral religion, realising I couldn't be an Arian of any stripe. That was back in December 2008. I became a Binitarian Christian (believing the Father and son were one God) in November 2010, before abandoning Christianity perhaps perpetually in December 2011, and becoming a Shammai Jew again.

As I say, I am aware, and was aware, that the post could be seen to be advertising, but as I say I had a streak of arrogance in my youth, and it was not, and is not, my intention to hurt, insult or defame anyone, despite my imperious attitude back then. I am very sorry for saying what I said. I did eventually became a sola-scriptura Jew about a year ago, abandoning my former Shammai and later Hillel (or Rabbinic) Jewish traditions.

I don't know the various beliefs of the members of this forum, but I (wrongly) assumed this was a Jehovah's Witness website, so I apologise for my mistake.

I hope I didn't upset anyone.

I did have Jehovah's Witnesses come by one day last year, and they said 'are you interested in learning more?' Despite being a practicing Jew, I said 'OK', thinking if I said 'no' it would be rude. Eventually they continued to fail to persuade me of their beliefs, simply because I don't believe in Jesus, and haven't done for three and half years now. I wasn't insulted by the Jehovah's Witnesses who did come round, and everyone believes they are right in what they believe, but despite teaching them bits and pieces of my faith, I knew they didn't have an argument that could persuade me of their faith.

Again, my apologies for the post I made, and for an extremely late reply and apology.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Pretty sure no one's mad at you - or, frankly, even remembers you (no offense).
  • Danage
    Danage

None taken. :) Thanks for the reassurance no-one would be mad at me. I just assumed something completely different to what this forum is. I thought this was a Jehovah's witness forum, but I was clearly mistaken. I didn't say anything until seven years later as I had forgotten about this post, but by 'googling' I found what I had put, and believed an apology from me to everyone here was in order.

• millie210
    millie210

What a nice apology Danage,

It sounds like you are growing and evolving in faith and in awareness of yourself as you go through life. Those are fine traits to possess for sure.

• Danage
    Danage

Thank you millie210.

Faith to me is a continuous journey of discovery and learning. It's like water - there is no straight path and faith flows as understanding increases.

Thank you for your kind words and for saying my apology was nice. That is very much appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit