Shalom! (Peace!)

by Danage 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Danage
    Danage

I am not a Jew, btw, but a Judeao-Christian (well, that's what I consider myself), and I hope I have not posted in the wrong forum, if indeed I am allowed. I am the Lay Minister and Postulate Deacon of the Arian Catholic Church in Worcestershire, UK and the surrounding region. I am also a Lay Oblate Novice in the Arian Catholic Order of Saint Benedict of Nursia (acOSB). We keep a Saturday Sabbath and the Lord's Day (Sunday), the Seven Levitical Feasts and, obviously an Arian view on the Godhead and Jesus Christ. I do know that Jehovah's Witnesses are called Arian in the derogatory sense and that you consider Arius of Alexandria as one of the true faith. We in the Arian Catholic Church consider him a saint, and his feast day is 16th June, and on Monday 16th June 2008 (last Monday) I was baptised apostolically, consecrated as a Lay Minister and Postulate Deacon and had oblation as a Lay Oblate Novice. This was all done through his grace the Arian Catholic Archbishop of York for free (which was very good of him, I'm sure you'll agree). It would be interesting to attend a Kingdom Hall (I think that is what you call them), and see what I think. By the way here is the link, and I most sincerely apologise if I am not allowed to post links, for those of you who are interested, to the Arian Catholic Church website and forums: [url=http://holy-catholic.org]Arian Catholic Church Website[/url] [url=http://forum.arian-catholic.org/index.php?referrerid=27]Arian Catholic Forums[/url] The vB code doesn't work. It would have made the post look a bit more professional. My most sincere apologies again if I broke the rules. Shalom Aleichem (Peace be upon you) Also, why can't I do seperate lines, even though I have done them in the post box? Thank you.

• changeling
    changeling

I don't quite get the point of your post but FYI the majority on this site are EX-Jehovah's Witnesses.

Peace,

changeling :)

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

If you go along, bear in mind that the majority of JW's are sincere and well-meaning, but grotesquely mislead. They may talk the talk, but belong to a cult and any decent research into their doctrines and literature will show this.

Have fun.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Welcome, I'm a Cannibalis-Christo Apostate Child of Lucifer (CCACL). If you've ever in Minneapolis I'd love to have you for dinner. :oP Bring_the_Light

• *summer*
    *summer*
    Also, why can't I do seperate lines, even though I have done them in the post box?

At the bottom of the post box, un-check the "HTML formatting" and check the "Automatic Cr/Lf instead.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

When you go to the Kingdom Hell, make sure you start by telling everyone what you believe and that you're there to start an interfaith dialogue. (LOL) Please also videotape it for us, thx! Bring_the_Light

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Wee! I just
    Learned
    That
    I
    Can
    Make
    Carriage
    returns
    even
    though
    I'm
    on
    an
    iPhone!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    I am the Lay Minister and Postulate Deacon of the Arian Catholic Church in Worcestershire, UK and the surrounding region. I am also a Lay Oblate Novice in the Arian Catholic Order of Saint Benedict of Nursia (acOSB).

Wow, that's awesome. What do you want, a freakin biscuit?

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome to the forum Danage!

Do you know much about the JWs?

This site is mainly for Ex, fading, trapped, and unhappy JWs.

So yes this might be a potential place for future members, but it is advisable not to jump into preaching versus sharing your understandings on matters (read open minded dialogue). Many after realizing the mind controling cult that is the WTS are turned off or shy about religion (read organized worship, faith is all together something quite different) Some stay suspended, others become agnostic or atheist. A few even remain hopeful of reform (but it ain't likely with the WTS).

If you feel you can contribute to this forum while understanding some of the things I mention above then you might find the waters here warm enough to take a dip occasionaly.

BTW here are the posting guidelines

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.
    12. Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Arian Catholic Church is based in the UK.

http://arian-catholic.org/ (main site with music)

http://www.holy-catholic.org/arian/arian-home.html (main site without music)

http://forum.arian-catholic.org/ (forum)

They are fairly new as a denominational organization.

Just another outlet for Arian Christians (read Ex/Fading JWs who retain Christian beliefs) and would like worship association.

I am sure he was sincere in his post but probably doesn't fully grasp the indoctrination against of official clergy. (lol of course the JWs have unofficial clergy and are quite comparable to the RCC in structure)

Lets not bash him so much, there are after all some remaining "Christians" on this site and this could be a transitional option.

This could easily flow with Terry's info on the Christadelphians addressing possible 'where to go' issues.

Just my 2 cents.....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Shalom friend. Hope you come back and share your views. I am interested in Judean christianity. Are you similar in belief to messianic jews?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit