Disfellowshipped for Beavis and Butthead

by donny 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

Some years ago, I heard that happened in the Chicago area. The convention cancelled the FM radio broadcast because "apostates" had their own talks going on the same station. Might have been in the late 70's or early 80's. I remember thinking it was interesting that alot of people hadn't noticed they were listening to the "wrong" talks. Lots of folks were listening to the radio because it was fun, or to tape record the program without distracting noises, or because the sound quality was better.

Beavis and Butthead - awesome. Even when I was a good strong JW I enjoyed that wicked corrupting TV show. Probably what ruined me. LOL

• oompa
    oompa

OMG!!! That was just the best!! I was already a proud Tarheel...but now even more pround to have this great of a thing to happen in my state!!! What city?? I have never heard of this delightful story.....Thanks so much from a wicked beavis fan............of course.........................oompa

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That's a good one!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I could just see him during his JC, with the top of his shirt over his head, both arms raised upright: "I am cornholio, are you threatening me?!"

• donny
    donny

No, this guy did not work for the CIA. My original post was somewhat unclear, but this brother was a Ministerial Servant at the time and had installed the the sound system himself and knew there was a small void space under the sound board where he could hide the cassette player. This sound board had two extra auxillery inputs and this is where he hooked the cable coming from the cassette. He said all the had to be done was pull down the slider control of that channel, but they did not know where it was coming from since they could not visibly see anything. He said one of the elders thought it was being broadcast to the system via a radio signal.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

just to confirm for those doubting the feasibility of such a prank ... from a technology standpoint this would not be very hard to do.

I haven't heard of this one before though...

If true it would indeed be quite funny. It reminds me of the Bart Simpson incident up at the Canadian Bethel Branch that got a guy kicked out of Bethel.

The Oracle

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

ON WHAT GROUNDS COULD THAT BE A DF OFFENSE?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Want to see more Bevis and Butthead, check out this link Heh heh heh heh heh:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/beavis_and_butthead/videos.jhtml

• mind my own
    mind my own

Hahahahahaha!

• justhuman
    justhuman

WHAT A NICE WAY TO GET DISFELLOWSHIPED, BEST THREAT I EVER READ FOR YEAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit