Couldn't Make it through the Convention today.

by blkblk13 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I remember being told that my baptism date was the most important decision of my life. I still find it odd that they would tell me I was too young to decide about sex, love, or marriage partners, but old enough to make an even "more important" decision to commit my life to invisible beings via their organization. *rolling eyes* so sad. i don't like to even think about innocent children being interfered with on such a heinous level.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    Id better get there early for decent parking cuz everybody shows up for the "DRAMA". lol.

I would say the whole Convention is a big Drama...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

40 baptized? And half were children under the age of 12?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

They use biblical themes so the brothers get to have beards for 45 minutes.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

half under 12? When I was dipped back in'89 I remember that it was discouraged.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok I lasted about 30 seconds. I forgot about the condescending whining voice overs in the drama. It really brought a chill up my spine.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This is just INFURIATING! Kids that age can't get married and yet to a JW this commitment is MUCH more important than marriage ever was! A kid gets dipped and does something the family shuns them. A kid gets married and gets divorced (as long as they don't also get df'ed) and everything is fine.

This is SICK...

The other thing is that @%#^%%& drama! WTF was that? Someone should send a copy of that to the IRS. The reason that churches don't pay taxes is because they do so much "good works" in the community they are considered self taxed so with the watchtowers now STATED attitude about helping others shouldn't' they be taxed?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The drama was outrageous! The antagonist was named "Scolio". Greek word for crooked, bent or twisted. We can't be subtle now can we? We certainly can't slip that one by Kurt! And why is he so evil? Because he thinks it is a good idea to be charitable to poor people! He thinks it is okay to have some education and something other than a menial job. So naturally he is the bad guy. I do not recall seeing such manipulative propaganda since Baghdad Bob.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Knowing that by the time they r 25 @ least half of those will be disfellowshiped or shunned for not staying commited to a decision they were 2 young to make in the first place just sickens me.

Oh, so you can see into the future. Interesting.

How about some winning lotto numbers.

Warlock

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Warlock,

It's a simple matter of statistics actually. The Boston Globe recently printed a news article discussing the Pew Forum's findings that only 37% percent of those born into the JW faith remain in the faith after reaching adulthood. So, you don't need a crystal ball to come to that conclusion and I was actually being conservative in my statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit