Couldn't Make it through the Convention today.

by blkblk13 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Arrived late and left early. Breaking point was the Baptismal Talk. About 40 were getting baptized. Of those I would say 20 were between the ages of 9 and 12. Knowing that by the time they r 25 @ least half of those will be disfellowshiped or shunned for not staying commited to a decision they were 2 young to make in the first place just sickens me. Looking forward to the "DRAMA" tomorrow though. Id better get there early for decent parking cuz everybody shows up for the "DRAMA". lol.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Baptizing the young children of jws is the only way they keep their numbers up now. It is really disturbing to think of all the families that will have to endure the practice of shunning when these young ones grow up and change their minds.

I hear the drama is pretty disturbing this year also.

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Oh really? Disturbing how? I haven't seen a Drama in years that even borderd on interesting. I was thinking about not going tomorrow but maybe I should. Care to expound?

• New light for you
    New light for you

The drama is on Youtube in full,..

It's completely NOT in the bible at all in any part. Just TOTALLY made up this year to show you everything is bad... and that's what the early christians thought too!!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I just saw the beginning of the drama online, but it was demonizing those who thought that jws shoud concentrate on helping the poor and doing good works rather than waste time in knocking on empty houses.

We all know dubs don't "waste their time" providing help for the sick, poor or hungry.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

The drama was really disturbing to me. Why did they have to set it up as taking place in biblical times with the use of historical fiction? Why not just have a modern day setting? Well, guess if they did that, no one would get to dress up in those goofy costumes....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

This is the first drama I've seen that's post-biblical in an ancient setting, since it takes place in 98 CE after John has written his letters. Pure fiction... It irks me to see how they make all the characters sound like ancient versions of JWs...

BTW, I just saw it on YouTube... that made me want to puke enough...

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Yeah, I watched it on utube and it was ridiculous. That Julius guy knew she was a christian so why would he take her to the Coloseum? That doesn't even make sense. Hardly plausible.

Between the overly materialistic girl and her "humble" friend I found myself sympathizing much more w/ the "material" girl. lol. They sure managed to infuse the JW's thinly veiled self-rightousness into that "humble" girl's character. lol

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

can someone post a link?

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Here is the JWD thread with the first scene of the drama embedded: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/160564/1.ashx

You can watch the other scenes by searching YouTube for the poster's name "issolis"

Have fun (or not LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit