Servant Step-dad strangles Pioneer mom Elders ask them to reconcile??

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

While living in Perth my step-dad and Mother were pioneering....he was also a Servant. They are both in their 60's. Twice my mum left him due to violence...but, Elder idiot encouragement sent her back to him. This last time they had an arguement about the price of Potatoes. She slammed the car door hard. So he started to strangle her in front of their house....this was after Witnessing! So I get the call to come over again. Anyway he said she said....I told my mum to leave him there so he could pack as he was leaving, again, and she should come home with me. She half expected me to tear strips off him or punch him in the mouth....other Witnesses later said they would have, why didn't I? I knew they and the Elders were all at fault....I wasn't gonna beat up a man half my size and age...I told her to press charges...she didn't because "Jehovah's name will be shamed" Oh well....she's happy by-herself though Elders AGAIN tried to bring them back together!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think thats what I hate about witnesses the most, the elders constant interference

in personal matters....they don't have to live with the bastard!

hope4others

• flipper
    flipper

WITNESS 007- I'm so glad you were there for your mom going through this abuse. What a ba$tard this husband of hers is ! The elders do get WAY too involved in people's personal lives ! Especially when it comes to whether a man or woman should continue living together as man and wife! I experienced this interference and injustice from elders as well. So did my older sister in 1989- when elders told her to stay with an extremely abusive JW husband. I have often said- The governing body gives way too much leeway and control to these elders to exercise their power however they want in the congregations. They need MUCH MORE stringent checks and balance systems on these guys. But it will never happen- they think they are appointed by " God's holy spirit" which is insane at best

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah, lets see the Elders live with someone who abuses them, and stay together for "the Kingdom."

• llbh
    llbh

Trying to escape abusive relationships is hard but should always be done or the abuser wins, which is never good

Good for you in helping your mum, that is what trues friends do

David

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Yep, doesn't surprise me one bit. They will cover over anything to protect their "image." Yet they present themselves to the world like they are some sort of super stars who are so much better, morally, than anyone else. No, they've just whipped their people into keeping their mouths shut.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my number 1 reason I hate, loathe and despise the WTBTS, may they fry in hell.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Your Mother does not really recognize how lucky she is to have you, and how lucky she is to have gotten away from her abuser.

Many year ago, my beloved blood sister was told by the elders to go back to her abusive JW husband. She was not so lucky. She did not survive it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Baba Yaga, I am so sorry about your sister. That is what those elders who evidently don't know anything about spousal abuse don't realize. Spousal abuse escalates until someone dies. It's a very dangerous situation and their "headship" doctrine contributes to it greatly.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    my beloved blood sister was told by the elders to go back to her abusive JW husband. She was not so lucky. She did not survive it.

They have a lot to be accountable for... I'm sorry to hear you lost your sister Baba...its so sad to see this happen, yesterday I was thinking about what

so many on the board have been through and as a witness at one time I never could imagine this to be possible. I thought this was rare, that witnesses

were the happy little family's , we were all brothers and sisters. And being here on this very site has opened my eyes to how much it can and does happen

within this grand organization we are told is so wonderful. These are not just some isolated cases they mount up to more than anyone

could truly imagine. It has truly burst the little buble I was once in..

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit