How many people here majored or are majoring in English?

by John Doe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

What are your jobs?

• journey-on
    journey-on

English was my minor. I own a small business. I couldn't see how majoring in English would benefit me financially, but I loved it, so made it my minor.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

I major in it..... I've spoke English my WHOLE life......now that 's dedication!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I really wanted to in English Literature - but apart from teaching I didn't see how it could enhance my employment prospects so I'm doing Criminology and Pschyology instead, but not to sy I wouldnt do it when I'm older just for the love of the subject.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As it turned out, English is helpful for writing. Who could know? Everything I learned helped me to become an independent grant writer - not a bad way to make a living.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I guess I'm different because I didn't worry about job prospects in undergrad school. I took the courses I liked. I ended up double majoring in Math and English. I'm in law school now, so it really didn't matter what I majored in.

I was originally going to minor in English, but because I transferred with an associates from another school, I had to be there an extra semester to get all the classes for the Math degree, so I ended up double majoring. There were only 3 courses between a minor and a major if I recall.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Funny thing is, English was the subject I despised most of all in public school, right next to history. College was completely different for me. Although, I did drop out of the 10th grade, so I might have liked high school English. Who knows.

• journey-on
    journey-on

independent grant writer
    That sounds like an interesting field. How did you get into it, and how long have you been doing it?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My wife is. She wants to major in Journalism

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I are a English major.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit