Portugal 2 Germany 3

by Peppermint 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

0 for 3 now

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Now will you all believe Italy will win the euro? They got luck....holland is out....thats what they needed....

(btw if Italy lose tomorow disregard this comment...someone else wrote it)

• zeroday
    zeroday

Let me get this straight after OH about 5 hours of back and forth and no score there is a kick off to determine the winner first goal wins why don't they just start with the kick off and save us 5 boring hours...

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

well ...its only 90 minutes but its usually NOT boring especially when a team can pass and have very good offensive movement and smash the ball past their defense....not boring...its like a moving chess game ....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Let me get this straight after OH about 5 hours of back and forth and no score there is a kick off to determine the winner first goal wins why don't they just start with the kick off and save us 5 boring hours...

well i guess it is for the same reason they dont start tennis games with tie breaks, grid iron with sudden death overtime, cricket with bowl offs, baseball seasons with world serieses..you get my drift.

if you actually spent 5 hours watching a game that bores you...then more fool you.

if you were 'forced' to watch with family, friends, or wife who were watching because they enjoy the game; and you could not get any satisfaction out of this; then more fool you.

if you were forced to watch with fellow drinkers and were unable or simply chose not to move to another drinking establishment, then more fool you.

if you were forced to watch with fellow inmates ...then ignore the above.

• zeroday
    zeroday

if you actually spent 5 hours watching a game that bores you...then more fool you.

if you were 'forced' to watch with family, friends, or wife who were watching because they enjoy the game; and you could not get any satisfaction out of this; then more fool you.

if you were forced to watch with fellow drinkers and were unable or simply chose not to move to another drinking establishment, then more fool you.

if you were forced to watch with fellow inmates ...then ignore the above.

Apparently soccer fans don't have much of a sense of humor...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my $$$$ is on the turks (go old man) or the italians!

hope del piero plays

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

evidently non-soccer fans can't even recognize humour

or indeed..spell it

haha, j/k, lol, rofl, pmsl (why is 'myself' initialised as ms in this acronym), rofpml

• zeroday
    zeroday

or indeed..spell it

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This hu·mor alt Audio Help / 'hyualtm?r or, often , 'yu- / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ hyoo-mer or, often , yoo- ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun

1.a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
    2.the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
    3.an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
    4.the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
    5.comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.
    6.humors, peculiar features; oddities; quirks: humors of life.
    7.mental disposition or temperament.
    8.a temporary mood or frame of mind: The boss is in a bad humor today.
    9.a capricious or freakish inclination; whim or caprice; odd trait.
    10.(in medieval physiology) one of the four elemental fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile, regarded as determining, by their relative proportions, a person's physical and mental constitution.
    11.any animal or plant fluid, whether natural or morbid, as the blood or lymph.

–verb (used with object)

12.to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child.
    13.to adapt or accommodate oneself to.

—Idiom

14.out of humor, displeased; dissatisfied; cross: The chef is feeling out of humor again and will have to be treated carefully.

Also, especially British , humour.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i rest my case

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit