Are we living in the Last Days?

by Kosonen 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

That is jewish apocalypticism. The jewish system all but ended in 70. True, it survived in a new form as christianity, which became the roman state religion. Judaism never did die out, totally. The reestablishment of israel saw a further rennaisance of it. That is really as far as it goes, though. Imagining that a god out there, somewhere is going to do something or other on a worldwide scale is extrapolating jewish microcosmic apocalypticism on a ridiculous scale. A belief system known as preterism explains mt24 and revelation in this context. See, for example: http://www.entrewave.com/freebooks/docs/2226_47e.htm

S

• OBVES
    OBVES

I have given ample proofs on this discussion forum in my posts and responses and it is easy to check it out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Are we living in the Last Days?

Definitely not, and the indisputable facts prove it. The last days were Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday and Sunday.

We are living in the day called "today."

I could be wrong here.

Farkel

• shamus100
    shamus100

You can theoretically prove that these "last days" and "critical times" to fit any time in human history.

• OBVES
    OBVES

But when properly understood they can be combined together.

There is a symbolic week for mankind of 7 days each as 1010 years .

And the days for the evil world order are 6 days within such a week. 6060 years.

The last days here will be then two days as 1/3 of the "6 days" just like 8 hours as 1/3 of a 24-hour day.

2 days = 2020 years.

10 BC + 20 years = 11 AD + 2000 years = 2011 AD

The last days can be here as 2020 years or 2000 years as well if we think about 6000 years and one day as 1000 years.

So since Christ was a 12-year old boy and began teaching we have the last days existing till now.

If we have the end-time era now as proven by me with my calculations based on the Bible we can speak also of the last days of the present evil world order. Just as we can speak about last days of someone who is going to die soon.

The apostle Paul could write about the last days which still continue in the time we live.

There were always wars in mankind's history so giving such a sign would be of no sense unless there is a logic to that !

How I can know that the World War I was a sign of the last days? By establishing a timeframe based on the Bible and within this timeframe the wars count as a sign.

There were many solar and lunar eclipses in the history of man but the solar eclipse on August ,11,1999 AD and the lunar eclipse on January ,21,2000 AD fit the end-time pattern as I have come to understand by using the Bible.

Any solar or lunar eclipse outside the period : 1878 AD - 2012 AD don't count counting from 150 AD forward.

And then all other eclipses within the period 1878 AD to August,10,1999 AD don't count either !
    If the war called the First World War had broken before 1878 AD it would not be an end-time sign !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Assuming for the sake of argument that the Bible's message of an end time is meant to be taken literally..

Remembering that there were no chapter divisions in the text, Jesus was speaking in Mathew 23 of Gods abandonment of Jerusalem. He continued to answer his disciples questions as to "When?"

He said it would come at a time when wars were being fought, food was short, natural disasters occurring and false prophets misled people.....in other words, just normal for the human race. The disciples would have said "What's new?"...The point of it as I read it is , just anytime so keep on the watch, it could be tomorrow...

In 2 Timothy, Paul had been instructing Timothy how to lead the congregation, then listed a number of human behaviours that could be applied (by negative people) to any time and any large community...My reading of anything about the past tells me that it was just the same if not worse in previous generations.

So we have signs that do not tell us anything..Perhaps we were not meant to know?

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Some believe we are living in the last days in the age of Pisces. The next age will be the age of Aquarius, the water bearer. http://www.jordanmaxwell.com/

• flipper
    flipper

Uh, I don't think so

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Christians living in the year 999 C.E expected Jesus to return in 1,000 C.E .....then 1999 same thing.......in the year 3,000 same again.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If your intellect is that weak that you can not derive at a definitive conclusion on this story, you deserve to be a JW

or any other apocalyptic cult for that matter.

Kosonen just keep on purchasing those books and magazines from the WTS. I'm sure they will offer you new light on the matter eventually

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit