Let's play - Spot The Jest (page 174 Rev climax)

by 1914BS 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Hek I see a couple of D size cups

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There;s a huge eye--like a demon eye on the bottom edge of the page. I almost crapped my pants when i saw it. Almost.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

Could be the eye of a large octapuss

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

HOW ABOUT [RULERS WHO ARE RUINING THE EARTH] THE SCRIPTURE SAYS [IN THE DAYS OF THOSE KINGS] FROM VERSE 31 OF DANIEL 2, IT IS TALKING ABOUT THE IMAGE THAT KING NEB. SAW. NEB. WAS THE HEAD AND ALLTOGETHER DANIEL ONLY LISTED FOUR KINGDOMS SO THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN FULLFILLED. IN FACT THE KJ BIBLE SAYS ['IN THE DAYS OF ' THESE' KINGS' ] SHOWING IT MEANT AT THAT TIME. IT HAS NO FUTURE FULLFILLMENT BUT WTS SAYS IT DOES. EVERY THING HAS A GREATER FULLFILLMENT FOR THEM.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So that was it? The inset oil drum pouring into the waters? You know, that picture just struck me as an artist who was too lazy to contextually fit in an oil drum in the picture, so he just makes room for an oil drum out of thin air!

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I think the crappy artwork is the least of the problems on this page. The text is much more screwed up than the pictures.

(but LOL about the huge demon eye)

• brinjen
    brinjen

Is that a hand in the water?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The two outstanding boxes: 1. fish, 2. oil.

Fish oil is supposed to be good for you

Blueblades

• IKnowNothing
    IKnowNothing

The Governing Barrel pours out its wisdom on the faithful!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

As Oompa pointed out, the dead fish and the oil barrel are insets. As such, they are are distinct from the picture in general, The fish and the barrel are in their own respective frames.As can be seen, the liquid in the barrel is spilling out of the frame in which the barrel has been placed and into the larger frame of the general picture. This probably a violation of some pictorial norm. The problem is with the liquid spilling out of the barrel and entering the frame of the general picture.

In my mind, this is either an attempt to be "postmodern," or an example of incompetance and/or laziness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit