ABCNews Nightline: Segment on JW absuse cases here......

by WingCommander 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtower-Free
  • violias
  • freddo
    freddo

What a fantastic young woman - she is the Watchtowers worst nightmare - articulate, well presented and obviously sincere. I wish I had the courage this young woman has.

What a brilliant report - worthy of the BBC at it's best - remember "Panorama" of about 10 years ago? That is a compliment from a Brit I assure you.

They exposed Kendrick. And his stupid screeching wife "he paid for that crime!" - just confirmed what he is. And the elder submitting to the investigation who admitted he knew.

I hope the floodgates open.

How can you Americans get this on prime time? How can we get it on our side of the pond? Just brilliant.

Thank you Candace Conti.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for posting this up, for the benefit of those of us who could not see it on T V

A very disturbing piece....I hope that it strikes home with people , especially those just thinking about having a "Bible Study " with them

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hubby has spent all morning sharing this powerful story by tweeting (twitter) and face book in order to increase SEO. He originally started his FB account for business and over the years grew it to 5,000 "friends".

The feedback on the PBS story was amazing. This ABC story is already causing a stir. People who have left or were DFed by WTBTS sometimes feel bad about themselves. One said, "And I thought I was bad because I smoked but THEY protect pedophiles??!!" Several others have told us about their sexual abuse by elders that they were previously too ashamed to reveal. They are sharing these reports on their FB pages as well.

I am glad the report stated that the Watchtower organization is very wealthy. Something many might not realize.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"in order to increase SEO"

I feel like a newbie hear because I don't know what that stands for.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Shirley, don't feel bad. I had no idea what that meant either until he explained it to me. The letters refer to Search Engine Optimization. Lets say someone Googles (the search engine) Jehovah's Witnesses, the first things that come up are the ones most likely to be read. The WTBT$ of course wants that to be THEIR website etc. The more something comes up on the internet the closer it gets to the first page.

So the more a story like this gets posted in the media the more likely someone else will come across it simply by typing up something pertaining to JWs. This becomes the optimization. Hope this helps.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    3rdgen...Tell your hubby thank you for doing that. It's a great idea. The more these stories get out to the public the better.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thanks 3rdgen !

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Jonathan Kendrick and wife............Filthy American White Trash at it's finest!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit