ABCNews Nightline: Segment on JW absuse cases here......

by WingCommander 34 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here is the segment on the Conti abuse case in California and Jehovah's Witness's response as reported on by the ABCnews Nightline broadcast which was shown early this morning. It really displays some absolutely shocking behavior from not only her abuser and his (supportive) wife, but also the JW attorneys and Elders via video. I am just blown away by the audacity displayed by these monsters.

We can now understand why Governing Body Member Stephen Lett slipped in his comments a couple of weeks ago about "untrue reports of child abuse" in one of his talks which can viewed on the cult's website. It was pre-emptive damage control, to place the idea that "Satan" is using apostates to conjure up slander to discredit the JW religion.

I am so repulsed with this religion that I am nearly at a loss for words.

Please forward this story to any all JW's you may know, plaster it on Facebook and all social media to get the word out. There can be no simple denial of these abusive policies. And if Conti is reading this website, know that we all support you and feel that you are brave and wish we could do more to help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUHy82un-4

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

wow. I wasn't awake for the show last night. Just . wow.

I am so glad this aired on a national program

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If ABC receives enough favorable comments, maybe it will be broadcast during primetime at some point.

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite a exposing review, they actually went up to Kendrick's house and tried to talk to him , he blatantly lied about assaulting Candace.

I guess he thought it would be best to lie to protect the image of the organization and the image of himself.

One thing the lawyers did for the WTS was to selectively use the bible to create a shush policy onto those who commit sins ( do not spread about the noted sins of others ) and that absolutely ridiculous two witness rule. Which I'm sure many JWS have used and exploited to their own advantage.

Unfortunately Nightline airs at a time when most people are asleep, this really should be put on a prime time show

during the early evening.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you for posting this clip, WingCommander.

Kendrick's wife was something else. Wow. It astounds me when women come down on the side of the criminal. Solidly on the side of the abuser. Damn - it was her 7 year old grandchild that Kendrick abused!

What a grandma she makes! Omg. I felt like throwing up when she was performing. No wonder that poor child was victimized - the grandmother took sides with the man who raped her grandchild.

Her response to that, "He paid for that crime!" Holy crap - how much does a crime like that cost the abuser? What about her very own grandchild having to pay for Kendrick's crime for the rest of her life? How does one jail term balance out that? The child has a life sentence - nothing can wipe that out. Nothing.

Women - mothers and grandmothers - who stand on the side of child abusers and rapists are truly fucked in the head.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    If ABC receives enough favorable comments, maybe it will be broadcast during primetime at some point.

Honestly, I think the biggest impact would be if one of the late-night comedy talk shows picks it up. A 1-minute segment on the daily show (since the subject matter might be a bit too edgy for network TV) would have way more impact on JWs than a 1-hour expose on the matter. For one thing, the younger audience is the one to reach, since the older ones are too entrenched. Running something short and sweet in a comedy show would also reduce the number of JWs that would immediately tune it out - they'll just wait for it to be over so they can get back to the other material.

Of course, it is good that this is getting attention just so fewer people will be ensnared by this cult hopefully. If nothing else, that's a huge win.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here's a video showing Governing Body Member Stephen Lett actually trying to deny the child abuse claims as apostate lies, made-up by Satan and his minions to try and discredit the Org and make them look bad. Talk about a "blame the victim" mentality! These people truly are whacked in the head!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxG2F3Wd8c

Here's what Lett REALLY should have said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8cctYXNR-w

• clarity
    clarity

OMG ...............this whole stinking cult society is disgusting!

Thank you so much for posting this................

The second vid, although obviously put together, is the real story!

I did laugh at it, but the laugh contained grief & rage about the loss of my own faith in anything because of being taken in by watchtower for so many wasted years.

Way to go Candace, behind you all the way! I hope all those molested by these sneaky lying creeps, come out and show the world what has been really going on!

clarity

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Wow. What kind of a woman would stay with a man who molested her grandchild? Shameful and disgusting, and that from people who claim to be Christian.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You'll notice in the clip that Kendricks tries to push his wife back into the house since he went about lying about

his involvement with Candace Conti. Ass..le

I fine example of a true Christian !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit