How are they controlling the use of technology during meetings/conventions?

by candela 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time I went, I had a headphones on. The rap tape was hidden in my bag, and people would think I was just listening to stop from falling asleep or recording onto a mini disc.

These days, Brother Hounder is likely to be roving the aisles looking for people playing with phones. There are many things one can do--texting, playing Pokemon on your Game Boy or Nintendo DS, cueing a favorite song on your MP3 player, watching a movie on your iPod, digitally recording the program for something to post on YouTube, and so much more. They could threaten to confiscate equipment that is being used in any of these distractions, and make an announcement to the effect (and yet they will not announce cautions about the weather where children died because of the heat).

I would rather have a laptop with Wi-Fi, hook it up to this forum, and start posting away while the program is in session. On second thought, I would rather do that at home on my desktop with hard-wired Internet. That way, I will not be inflating their numbers in attendance. And if they are running a $60,000 deficit for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, it's not my problem.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

At my last D.Convention I looked over a young in his 20's brothers shoulder to see what he was looking at on his phone....it was someones bare backside!! I didn't really care.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I don't think there's any threat anyone could make which would compel or coerce me to enter a DC these days, and hasn't been for many years, but if I did end up there, I'd definitely have my DS and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl with me now. I wouldn't make it without that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit