She is trying me to the extreme and to the limit!

by Gill 29 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

It comes down to who is in control of the class. Your daughter or the teacher.

Insolence and lack of discipline in schools is a major factor in deteriorating standards of education.

The teacher already has a job. The only loser in a stand off is your daughter.

(Edited twice due to spelling mistakes. I should have paid more attention at school.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember a teacher that just didn`t like me..Just wouldn`t lay off..I was a quiet kid..Never caused any problems..I was an easy target....After being given an after school Detention,for the third time,I refused to serve it.....He said "Fine we`re going to the principles office!"..I said "Not a problem,lets go."....Half way to the principles office he say`s "Never mind go home."....The bastard was willing to push it..Right up until we were going to meet with "His Supervisor"!..He knew he was wrong and didn`t want to face his boss.....There are people who should never be teachers..............................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

Sounds like poor classroom management. Probably a new teacher too. Also, the change in teacher could be causng your child to act out. They get very attached to their teachers sometimes, and she could be taking it out on this new teacher. It takes time. The teacher should be reminded that she must bond with the child before she can demand such complete allegiance.

-some thoughts from a teacher.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Teacher sounds like an elder in a controlling cult.

• Gill
    Gill

I went in to speak to Mrs G yesterday after school,

Now, funnily enough another mum was talking to her and saying that her son had been told by Mrs G that he was 'Thick'. Mrs G feigned absolute outrage and shock. My daughter has been telling me regularaly that Mrs G is 'always telling people that they are 'Thick', so I knew immeadiately who it was who was lying,.....Mrs G.

So, when it was my turn to speak to her I decided to 'control' her by guiding her answers to my questions. Obviously she is someone who wants to give the 'right' answers and she agreed that my daughter was never naughty, not a distraction in the class, a very good girl etc.

The problem turned out that she considered her lazy in that some of her work was not finished, but the work that we looked at that was not finished was just some colouring in........'boring'!

It appears that she is someone who 'picks' on people and so I 'encouraged' her to understand that children can feel instituionalised in school, whether we choose to understand that or not. I also pointed out that my daughter had been complaining of a headache coming out of school everyday because of Mrs G shouting and also there being no ventilation in class, which has always been a big problem in that school. (One more year and we will never have to see the damned place again!)

Anyway, I told her that every day, when I'm not at work, I will be coming in, we will be discussing what has happened each day and I shall be looking at my daughter's work and considering what we can do. I think she got more than she bargained for in that I was very nice to her and told her what we will be doing and so she cannot just get away with picking on my daughter.

I went to school with a lovely girl called Maxine. We were in the same Maths class for two years and we had an absolute monstor of a Maths teacher who constantly picked on Maxine BUT Maxine NEVER did anything wrong. Other people threw things, misbehaved etc but Maxine was picked on mercilessly, and she would stick up for herself but he still bullied her. The end result was that Maxine, despite being a wonderful, very pretty ( I point this out because I think this is why the young male maths teacher bullied her) , intelligent girl could not concentrate in Maths and she failed her O level.

To those who say that 'discipline' is a problem in school, I say, yes, in some cases it is caused by rebellious children but NOT always and we have to consider the possibility that the teacher just might, despite their being an 'authority figure', be the one at fault.

I think we can all think of a few authority figures who were wrong, bad and in some cases positively evil!

• Caedes
    Caedes

It might be that she is bored because the class is not moving fast enough for her.

I know I could be a pain at school before we were streamed into classes based on ability, then we stopped going over the same stuff week after week.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Good job Gill, I'm so glad that you went to talk to the bully teacher.

lisa

• Gill
    Gill

Sadly, this problem is not settling.

I went to speak to Mrs G yesterday afternoon and she continued her petty tirade against my daughter. She complained that her attitude has not improved since Friday, and she is not 'happy with her'.

I asked, does she disrupt the class, is she naughty and does she do anything bad, to which the answer was alway NO. Infact she is a well behaved girl, BUT, the petty complaints came out again.

On the way home my daughter was very upset as Mrs G had not allowed her to go to the toilet when she was desperate. My daughter said she couldn't do anymore work as she was so desperate for the toilet that it was all she could do not to wee in her pants.

The last time I looked at the name sign on the front of the school it said 'All Saints Primary School' and NOT 'Guantanamo Bay Detention Centre'!

So, reluctantly, I rang the headmistress today and asked her to move my daughter out of Mrs G's class. She was sympathetic and naturally supportive of Mrs G. but she did say it was unacceptable that my daughter was not permitted to go to the toilet when she needed to especially since the school expects parents to provide water bottles so that the children can drink regularly all day.....this leads to WeeWee! Don't you know it?!

She is going to speak to Mrs G and my daughter today and ring me later.

I am not particularly hopeful, but everything in life is a struggle that is worth doing. I'm just sad that this has happened.

We'll see what comes of it today.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you've read the situation very well. My best wishes for you and your daughter.

• Gill
    Gill

Jgnat - Thanks! But I have to admit to being very worried about this situation.

I'm concerned that if my daugher is not now moved out of this woman's class she will be bullied in subtle ways that might be very difficult to prove.

I suppose there is always the ultimate move in which I remove her from that school and take her to another.

Funnily enough, I was at work yesterday evening when one woman mentioned that the children were to change teachers next year and that her daughter had already said she did not want to be in Mrs G's class, as Mrs G is 'nasty, horrible and shouts all the time.'

Therefore, I have concerns for my daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit