Please Share Your Favorite Cooking Recipes ! Breakfast ,Dinner

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

As I'm getting really hungry right now reading Hortensia's thread about going nowhere , I noticed people sharing food cooking recipes on it ! So I thought I'd start a thread up asking for great cooking recipes ! Thanks for the idea Hortensia ! While on my own in between marriages for 7 years- I learned a few different recipes I thought I'd share with you. First off I'll do breakfast , then I'll post a couple Dinner recipes!

Breakfast

Add olive oil to pan

Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice on top of eggs.

Sprinkle seasoned salt, lemon pepper, and dillweed .

Also put garlic pepper sauce of your choice on eggs and let it cook in.

Done in about 3 to 5 minutes cooking at 5 on your burner, or medium. Yum, yum !

cook in olive oil. Then on medium heat gradually add these items in :

cilantro

red onions

chili garlic sauce

real garlic

roasted red bell peppers

baby portabella mushrooms

lemon pepper

seasoned salt

It usually takes about 30 minutes or so on medium heat if you keep flipping them with a spatula !

My wife and I love to barbeque so we grill chicken , but our favorite is salmon ! Here's what we do.

Get fresh salmon only caught in ocean's or streams, ( not farmed ) tastes better.

Marinade the salmon for about 30 minutes to an hour in Very, Very Teriyaki marinade . You can get this Very, Very Teriyaki at any grocery stores.

Squirt fresh lemon on the salmon

sprinkle lemon pepper

seasoned salt

grill on BBQ about 5 minutes on one side, then turn over and pour excess nmarinade on the grilled side and cook another 3 to 5 minutes . Enjoy a great salmon feast ! All there is to it ! My wife usually makes the salad- which is great by the way ! We but the baby green salad or romaine. She loves to put : yellow bell peppers, avocado, onion, tomatoes, and use the dressing of your choice !

So, this is some of ours- please share with us your recipes and we will try it out soon, and let you know how it turns out ! Thanks for sharing ! This should be fun ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Casper
    Casper

Wow, Mr. Flipper that all sounds delicious...!!!

As for breakfast, this is biscuit and gravy country...

Hubby likes sausage gravy, I'm more into med. brown bacon gravy.... don't think it needs an explanation, everyone knows how to make gravy I suppose.

Add a couple eggs fried sunny side up and some sausage or bacon on the side.

Unfortunately I use can biscuits .... never mastered the art of homemade...

On a really rushed day.... we're lucky to get a "Pop Tart".....

Cas

• flipper
    flipper

CASPER- Wow! Biscuits and gravy is great ! My son REALLY likes biscuits and gravy ! I bet the medium brown bacon gravy is great ! Thanks for sharing. I am an extreme bacon hound ! I love bacon ! I love cooking the smoked thick sliced type

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

mmmmmmm bacon~ lol the best way to cook bacon is in the oven. This works really well when I'm having a big brunch, cooks alot of bacon all at once and you don't have to fuss with it on the stove.

I love a fresh fruit salad for breakfast, whatever fruit is in season and that you like best, with some maple syrup drizzled on top. Serve with yogurt and home made granola.

BB

• shamus100
    shamus100

I love trying new things - just check out the online recipes and go!

• flipper
    flipper

BUMBLE BEE- Cooking bacon in the oven ? Interesting ! I've never heard that- will have to try it. Fresh fruit salad , syrup, and yogurt and granola ! Wow ! That sounds really good ! I'll have to try it !

SHAMUS 100- I'll have to follow your advice- try some online recipes ! Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Casper
    Casper

Hey BB,

I cook bacon in the oven too, alot less clean up and the slices seem to hold their shape and size better....

Also do my sausage the same way.

As for dinner....

I used to cook alot... seems anymore we just run out an grab something or order in pizza....

We do like to grill Filet Mignon on the grill tho, with mushrooms, baked potato, corn on the cob and a nice big salad.

Oh, and gotta have "Sweet Tea"....

Cas

• karter
    karter

Dinner 8 baby beetroot 8 small carrots 4 garlic cloves place in a covered raosting dish with 1 cup veg stock 1 cup white wine bake for 1 hour at 160. Add 3 red capsucums cut into 1/4 4 small red onions splash of olive oil 4 sprigs of thyme bake for 1/2 hour. serve with a new Zealand sav blanc.

• Dagney
    Dagney

One of my favorite weekend breakfasts is pretty simple. Saute fresh tomatoes in olive oil until they break down. At the same time saute fresh spinach also in olive oil, throw in some garlic if you want. Scramble eggs, top with feta just before done; put the top on the pan so the feta melts a little. Layer spinach, tomato, and eggs. Finish with fresh ground pepper and salt flakes.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oooh people this is one of my passions - I love love cooking for people - if anyone ever comes to Durban you are welcome to join me for dinner & I'll treat you to something delicious.

If I'm having a salad for dinner I like to make it heavy enough to fill me but not too heavy for the tummy. One of my favorite it Blue Cheese salad

Ingrediants: Baby butter lettuce, julian carrots, onion, spring onion, avocardo, black olives, cherry tomatoes, whole beetroot, blue cheese & blue cheese salad dressing - my mouth is watering...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit