exerpts from Governing Body talk

by Mulan 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty
    HE SAID HOW WOULD WE FEEL IF WE FOUND OURSELVES HOMELESS!! MOSES DID. MOSES WAS EMPLOYED BY PHAROAH AND HAD MUCH RICHES AND BECAUSE OF CIRCUMSTANCES HE HAD TO BE ON THE RUN AND SUDDENLY HE HAD NOTHING! NO JOB, NO FOOD, NO WHERE TO SLEEP. BOY YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP. HE SAID MOSES WAS BASICALLY A HOMELESS PERSON!!

Because of circumastances Moses was homeless???

Moses killed a person and fled the country so he wouldn't be brought to trial.

If Moses hadn't tried to do things his way he would still have had a home and God would still have used him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.

The cult twists every Scripture in the Bible to support their demonic doctrines and crazy rules.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Providing for Your Family Materially 10/15/2005 WT mag quote by Blondie:

However, spiritual nourishment will not fill an empty stomach. We do well to keep in mind the following principle: "Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." (1 Timothy 5:8) "Even though the brothers in the congregation are quick to respond to our physical needs," Adam admits, "as Christians, we have an obligation to work at searching for employment." We can count on Jehovah’s support and that of his people, but we should never forget that we need to take the initiative to find a job.

Ryszard and Mariola took various odd jobs but at the same time became involved in witnessing in territories where the need was greater. "We got needed jobs right at the times when we had nothing left to eat," says Ryszard. "We refused well-paying jobs that would interfere with our theocratic responsibilities. We preferred to wait on Jehovah." They believe that Jehovah maneuvered matters so that they were able to rent a flat very cheaply and Ryszard finally found a job.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information given in that 10/15/2005 WT mag makes me sick. They refused good paying jobs and waited and waited doing the preaching work till they were out of food then found a job that wouldn't interfer with meeting. This is just shameful. I've seen so many JW do this kind of crap. My ex thank goodness never did that, if it interfered with meetings will that was just too bad, he did work hard to provide in his low paying jobs. This continued exaggerated stirring of fear for people in the JW's is shameful. So many of these folks are totally paranoid already and now the dump that the end is near histeria is sickening. I know my idiot ex-husband has jumped on that bandwagon right along with his wifie-poo. I'm so thankful to be out. The gas going is a problem but to say it is going up to $10.00 gallon and everyone is going to lose their job is over the top. That really irks me.

Ruth

• VM44
    VM44

"We preferred to wait on Jehovah."

What if Jehovah wants to wait a few million years before doing something? Still OK with that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What a comfort!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    Blondie posted a bunch of examples from Gathering Together’ in Spite of Distance

That was truly terrific, Blondie... shared it with some relatives. Thank you!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The only thing missing is a date and I would think that is the next move. The GB will probably start off by hinting toward a date like they did with 1975 in the late 50's to mid 60's. They will not make it too far off as then the urgnecy will not be there. My guess is when the GB sets a new date it will be something around 5 to 10 years in the future. Which of course after the fact they will deny they actuall said it.

• yknot
    yknot

No the date thing isn't ever going to happen again....

just a bunch of soon, near, around the corners stuff until someone up there in NY figures out how to transition us slowly into a Mormon-esque religion/community.

Besides the new generation basically set the new 'end date' as Dec 31, 2154

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT GASOLINE WILL BE LIKE IN JANUARY. COULD BE $10 A GALLON!

it's been $10/gallon for ages in the UK!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

employers value JWs?

While there is the "good" that JW employees 'should' be, like honest and non-smoking and one less person to feed at the Christmas party. . . .Employers have the experience to fear for religious discrimination suits if the employer doesn't give accomodations. We've been reading about JW employees who demand millions. And JW employee disrupts office life with preaching and leaving pamphlets in the breakrooms . . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit