exerpts from Governing Body talk

by Mulan 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

Just got this from a friend. Weird stuff, if you ask me. .................a little too familiar to what we were hearing before 1975.

BRO.B***** HAD A PART ON SERVICE MEETING. HE HAD JUST RETURNED FROM BETHEL .. HE SENT GREETINGS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY. HE SAID THE 'SLAVE' IS VERY CONCERNED A BOUT US. ESPECIALLY IN REGARDS TO THE BROTHERS & SISTERS EMPLOYMENT IN THESE HARD ECONOMIC TIMES. HE MENTIONED THAT THE NEW MEETING ARRANGEMENT WAS MADE BECAUSE OF UPCOMING HARD TIMES AND THE
    STRAIN TO MAKE ENDS MEET.

THIS IS A SMALL EXCERPT OF WHAT HE SAID: 'WE DON'T KNOW WHAT GASOLINE WILL BE LIKE IN JANUARY. COULD BE $10 A GALLON! HOW WOULD THE FRIENDS BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO MEET INGS? AND ALSO OUR JOBS MAYBE IN JEOPARDY. HOW WOULD WE REACT IF SUDDENLY WE LOSE OUR JOBS. WOULD WE PANIC AND NOT COME TO THE MEETINGS. WE NEED TO DOWNSIZE EXPENDITURES AN D GET USE TO HAVING A LITTLE. HE SAID THE SLAVE ADVISED US TO READ FROM OUR KM THE 20MIN PART.TAKEN FROM . OCT 15.2005 WATCHTOWER-PGS 8-11. (YOU HAVE TO READ THAT WATCHTOWER INFO.VERY INTERESTING!!)
    HE ALSO SAID WE HAVE TO BE PREPARE TO LEAVE EVERYTHING, OUR BELONGINGS AND BE SCATTER ED. HE SAID HOW WOULD WE FEEL IF WE FOUND OURSELVES HOMELESS!! MOSES DID. MOSES WAS EMPLOYED BY PHAROAH AND HAD MUCH RICHES AND BECAUSE OF CIRCUMSTANCES HE HAD TO BE ON THE RUN AND SUDDENLY HE HAD NOTHING! NO JOB, NO FOOD, NO WHERE TO SLEEP. BOY YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP. HE SAID MOSES WAS BASICALLY A HOMELESS PERSON!! HE SAID WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH AND DON'T BE AFRAID. SEE HOW JEHOVAH WILL COME TO OUR AID. WAIT ON JEHOVAH. THAT WONDERFUL SCRIPTURES AT ISA. 41:10 DO NOT GAZE ABOUT FOR I AM YOUR GOD, I WILL FORTIFY YOU. I WILL REALLY HELP YOU.
    NEVER ALLOW AN UN EXPECTED INCIDENT, INCLUDING JOB LOSS, TO PARALYZE YOU. DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN, AND THEN LEAVE THE REST IN JEHOVAH'S HANDS. WAIT ON JEHOVAH ,EVEN SILENTLY ; FOR THE SALVATION
    OF JEHOVAH: LAMEN 3:26
    IT WAS A WONDERFUL 20MIN PART. HE STRESSED PRINTING OUT AND READING THAT OCT. 15,2005 WATCH. PGS.8-11 . ITS' A GLIMSE INTO WHAT IS COMING.
    I KNOW JEHOVAH IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF US ALL. WE HAVE TO REALLY BE PREPARED IN OUR HEARTS NOT TO PANIC AND BECOME AFRAID. HE STRESSED PERSONAL STUDYING MORE. BIBLE READING TO MAKE US STRONG.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I feel so much better now.

Thanks for sharing.

om

• juni
    juni

Thanks Mulan. That IS like the pre 1975 speak and successive doomsday warnings.

And as far as the "concern" for the brothers and their finances (reason for BStudy changes)... yeah right. As Blondie has said, since when has the WT society given two hoots about their members? Never.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wonder if jws have started to think that going out in fs is too expensive.

• yknot
    yknot

PSSSSSSSSSSST 2014, or maybe 2034 no 2035.........pass it!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh wait.......I just think I threw up a little

• Quentin
    Quentin

2035 is the year.....

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for this, Mulan. It's always good to know how blessed we are to be free.

Just a quick re-cap on why GASOLINE could not possibly be the issue for doing away with the private-home book studies:

• The small-group bookstudies were usually regionally divided, and generally lots closer to the attendees than the kingdom hall! Going to these closer bookstudies actually SAVED them gas.
    • If gas was an issue, why not cut back on the door-to-door ministry? THAT's bound to use mega-gas!
    and the last reason it is not about gasoline, (but the one reason we can't mention to our family still-in)

• The private bookstudies were too lax, too friendly, too unmoderated. There was far, FAR more opportunity to really DISCUSS subjects in the paragraphs that individuals "were unsure about". Everyone knows the organization can't afford to have folks actually discussing the publications. Weren't private Watchtower study groups the first to go during the witch-hunts at Bethel? Well, home bookstudies were looking awfully familiar.
  • NotaNess
    NotaNess

From that Oct 15, 2005 article......

"When you are looking for work, do not hesitate to identify yourself as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Employers usually value that.

I'd love to be in the room for that moment of an interview.

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

This is really part of the bigger whisper campaign.

Last nights service meeting had the part on doing just so, I couldnt believe it when they said "direction from Jehovah or the faithful slave" , very loaded, basically stressing that both are equal authority.

They also drew comparisons between themselves and Moses in terms of leadership.

These guys really believe they are guided by HS. Do they really expect

What has me in stitches is how americo-centric the society is, 9/10ths of the world have been financially stressed for decades and the price of fuel in the UK has been ten times that in the US since the 80's but now all this fear of economic hardship!!

They love fear as a means of motivating.

It would be really interesting to see if the cycles of doom propagated by the GB coincide with the global economic cycle. Has anyone ever seen if they are synchronized?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit