birthdays in new release WT pub

by isaacaustin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New light for you
    New light for you

What i'm thinking... ok. birthdays are "Satanic".

I bet you a MILLION DOLLARS that NOONE with an unbelieving mate, who they HOPE will come in the truth one day will tell them that birthdays are SATANIC!

Also, no new bible study will find this out, no teacher from school etc. because they KNOW it would make them look crazy. SO they'll OMIT that part. So when we tell the oppisite spouse of the "unevenly yolked" couple that birthdays are satanic... they'll ask their witness spouse "do you believe their satanic?" and they'll say "no , not at all".

Or if you brought that into court, they would say "NO! we dont think that!"

I'm sorry, i just HATE all those LIES that are "ok" for " the truth". i've ALWAYS hated that, but moreso now.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I would think the new converts are going to have a hard time swallowing Birthdays as being Satanic. That just reeks of inquisition thinking. What's next? Burning witches at the stake?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Smoking = druggery = spiritism = Satanism...

Thanksgiving = feast = lots of food = gluttony (thank God, we thought that up - this one was getting pretty hard to link to some pagan holiday)...

OK - let me give the Birthday to Satanism transposition a shot:

Birthday = celebration = dance of the seven veils = titty dancers black-light lit dark bars = goth music scene = rock group Satanika?

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Birthday = celebration = dance of the seven veils = titty dancers black-light lit dark bars = goth music scene = rock group Satanika

ummmmm
    will you invite me to your next birthday party?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Only if you and your daughter will bring me the head of Ted Jarycks, chickpea. Then I will dig out my collection of Great White and Tesla tapes.

• cawshun
    cawshun

How I wish I knew of Colossians 2:16 a week ago. Kind of got into the birthday thing with my daughter because my grand-son's birthday was coming up. She put up the wall up right away and got huffy. We split on good terms. I didn't know about the Santan thing till the day after when my grand-son 6yrs.old was here with me and he told me: " If you celebrate birthdays you worship Satan" and "if you buy birthday presents you worship Satan". I was dumbfounded. I told him I do not worship Satan, that I love Jehovah and that was not true. Left it at that. I was really hurt and upset for the entire week. I thought that after my daughter left she may have still been upset with me and that he asked her why we were fighting and she just told him that pharase about satan. I am NOT a JW never was, took care of him for the first 3yrs of his life, have done nothing but shower him with love and my daughter would let him think something so awful of me. I'm still miffed about it but wouldn't bring it up with my daughter since she did say, when we argued, that her kid's didn't need to be around me. I have actually been sick over this but can't do a thing about it.

My daughter's family will be going to the DC next week. I'm am praying that something hits them about how rediculous this is. They are educated people, what will it take to open their eyes????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit