Why a college education is bad

by TooBad TooSad 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

very true Cunningman,

It's truly dispicable that the WT discourages education.

It gives people the best chance for success and happiness. Education is the key to most things in life.

The Oracle

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

NEED AUDIO! If anyone HAS to go to these ASSemblies - please take a recorder! This stuff is gold.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter
    The first on the list was God's organization gives us

a thorough understanding of the Bible and Satan offers higher education.

Thank you TBSS for the info. Could you (or anyone else who has attended the DCs) post a little more info/points about this? Perhaps the title of the talk? The "demonization" of college not only effects young JWs and their future, but older ones too. Those who now find themselves with no marketable skills beyond minimum wage currently living hard times with no relief in sight AND, retirement in a few short years.

I want to be well armed when I encourage a very close relative about pursuing a college education. It took quite a bit to talk them into getting their GED! Their DC is not until August, so hopefully I have some time.

Thank you!

• changeling
    changeling

If you are uneducated and have a back breaking, low paying job and no hope of a better life, you can easily become enamored with the idea of a paradise. All you have to do is follow the leader, do as you are told and one day all your dreams will come true.

changeling :)

• choosing life
    choosing life

Discouraging their followers from going to college and making it a faith issue is very cultish. Many college educated people in the congregation are often looked up to as they often have more responsible and challenging careers. I can't help but feel all this demonizing of education will come back to haunt them in the near future.

I feel sorry for the young ones that listen to their advice. Surely, there are parents who still encourage their kids to go to college. I know young dubs who are in graduate school and even going for their doctorate. They can only keep people ignorant for so long.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

What a bunch of dopes, is that why their attorneys are so highly educated who most are also witness's, what a bunch of Mallet Heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit