Why a college education is bad

by TooBad TooSad 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

At our recent butt numbing, mind dulling, sleep inducing district assembly on Saturday morning there

was a talk where the speaker said that we are going to make a list that shows the contrast between

Jehovah's organization and Satan's organization. The first on the list was God's organization gives us

a thorough understanding of the Bible and Satan offers higher education. I almost fell out of my chair,

the Watchtower is demonizing college!!!

There are several reasons. Currently they are loosing the youth by the thousands. The chances of

stopping being a JW increases with a college education. The WTBTS doesn't want its members to

have the abilty to think. They need to stop the bleeding of loosing the youth. Without a good paying

job the youth will be dependent on mommies and daddies purse strings which makes it much more

difficult to cut the emotional ties of fading from the cult. I know of several families where the children

are in their 20's and not on their own. They just can not afford to leave home.

The Watchtower knows that they are having difficulty recruiting new members from the outside

so they need to have growth from the inside by making JW babies. ( A friend of mine told me about

two congregations in Ohio are are disbanding because of no growth and the inablity to cover the bills)

I have known hundreds of JW families with and without a college education. Those that are educated tend

to have fewer children than those who have lower paying jobs. I have also noticed that those who had a good

education and jobs with responsibilty were also the best elders as far as leadership and speaking

ability. The recent decline in the quality and teaching ability of the elders is directly related to this.

The WTBTS is going to be making a lot of stupid rules in the future which hopefully will open the

eyes of thousands of potential JWD recruits.

TooBad TooSad

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Satan offers higher education huh? Wow.

What a bunch of freakin idiots!

• oompa
    oompa

I just told my elder/dad yesterday....isn't it funny that since the Bible has no dates in it.......the only way JW's can point to 1914....in ANY way and for ANY thing.........it requires total faith in College educated historians and archeoligists....yet they ignore these guys as far as the 607 date when it does not fit their little world........so weird....oompa

• Robert7
    Robert7

Agreed. When my mom found out I'm leaving, she said "its because you have too much money".

In reality, I did go to college, and have a good job. I have a good quality of life for myself and my family. So in my case college did make me leave only in that 1) I have critical thinking skills and 2) Since I don't have a poor miserable life, I don't need a fake relationship with an invisible man in the sky to help justify my existance and give me false hope of a new life after I die.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow......just wow. Your experience from your DC makes me ill. Funny how they forget that Luke was a doctor? I mean, he had to have been quite educated in his time to hold that title. Don't get me wrong, medicine was in it's infancy back then, but still.....it was a lofty position to have!!!!!

This is a real throwback to the 1980's and before, when education was all but banned. As a matter of fact, I'd have to say it's 10X worse now, as they are "Demonizing" education in any form. I mean, education is from Satan????? That is some really ludicrious, outright thought-controling shit right there.

Does this mean that Judah Ben Shroeder (GB member Albert Shroder's son) is from the Devil?

This is like watching a Tsunami in slow motion. The wave has just begun to reach shore and suck back the water from the beaches, making the crest higher as it comes nearer. The ripple effect this line of thought will have is yet to be seen. The younger generation not wanting to be janitors and maids will be crying out for freedom, mark my words.

- Wing Commander

• blondie
    blondie

Robert 7,

When my mom found out I'm leaving, she said "its because you have too much money".

Then conversely, no one who is poor should ever leave the WTS.......right?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I totally agree that having no education and having to rely on your JW parents for financial reasons is a HUGE ploy. When I left, I had no education, I was homeschooled growing up, so even my social skills were rough around the edges....but, I did it. Since I da'd I had no support emotionally or financially from my parents......and it was SOOOO hard. Even if you are ready to give up the emotional ties......it is really hard to give up on any of the normal help most parents give their kids. Then, when you struggle, they say it is because you have "left Jehoover".

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

god forbid you get an edumacation and start thinking for yourself.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Satan da Debil is lurking everywhere!

College gives you critical reasoning and thinking skills. It challenges your preconceived notions and forces you to examine your core beliefs. Also, using the internet is a necessary thing in college.

The Dubs are facing what many other religions have faced in the past. Knowledge is power. Previously many churches were the only source of knowledge. The Dubs have nothing to offer anyone anymore, and their beliefs are laughable given the history of their teachings, that is all laid out in detail on the net.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    Blondie: Then conversely, no one who is poor should ever leave the WTS.......right?

I think the answer the GB is hoping for is YES. If you are poor you NEED the WTS for hope & direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit