May KM Highlight 1/Cong baptized

by Gayle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    yes, I have always thought that the baptisms vs the request for new halls doesn't add up!
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@millie @stuck

there are about 14000 congregations in the U.S. At the meeting about the 1000 new Kingdom Halls the reason was discussed. It was because in certain area's growth was much higher than in the rest of the US and because of many Kingdom Halls that are shared between 4-6 congregations.

Furthermore there are Kingdom Halls that do not meet the modern day standard and criteria anymore and therefor will be replaced by a new one.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"@insidetheKH: Gonebad please start thinking,... you are comparing apples and peaches. The 36,064 baptisms were in the U.S alone. Your 40,000+ figure (which is a guess) is not a U.S alone figure."

Actually I was referring to the U.S. only when I pointed out that 40,000+ annually are disfellowshipped, disassociated, have become inactive, irregular, faded or for a number of other reasons have chosen to no longer attend JW meetings. And then there are the tens of thousands in the U.S. alone like myself who are at meeting physically but mentally have "left the building".

InsidetheKH...you're the one who needs a reality check! (HA HA HA HA)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    lets be even more precise: that 40,000 per year is an old number (about 15 years old ) and came directly from the branch, no guess on that, and did not include thise who fell inactive or were reproved. the numbers are not trending well, but of course a large number df'd will be be reinstated and made 'active' again
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Gonebad are you good at math? about 0.8% of the people are dying every year so that is about 10,000 witnesses per year in the U.S

there is a net increase every year of active witnesses in the U.S (in 2014 the net increase of average publishers was about 20,000 and 36,064 were baptised)

So just explain how you get the 40,000+ figure of people being disfellowshipped,.. leaving.. fading etc etc.?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

As far as I can remember the "40.000" DF'd or DA'd was a world-wide figure, not just US. But it's a very old one.

Eden

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @Morpheus was that the british branch?
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @Eden is correct
  • steve2
    steve2
    Eden is indeed correct: That figure of 40,000 is worldwide.
  • Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan
    With a median age of.....eleven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit