WT creates a new fund transfer from the congs

by Gerard 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Oh my God!!!! I am speechless!!!

• hubert
    hubert

Kind of makes you wonder with all of their recent big multi-million dollar real estate sales and now they want to lasso all of the funds from all over the world

what are these assholes up to ?

I think they are going to combine this money with the "world wide work" fund, skip town, buy an island, and start their own "cool aid" clan like Jim Jones did.

Hubert

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Not trying to rain on your parade, but this is old news....

• VM44
    VM44

This reminds me that in the late 1930's The Watchtower had all the congregations, or "companies" as they were called then, collect box top coupons and mail them to headquarters so that The Watchtower could cash them in and get money!

The Watchtower has always viewed the individuals under its control as a money source to be exploited.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Now w/ the end sooo close why would they be interested in managing money and getting the best return off capital? Supposedly. the great tribulation is right around the corner, so do they think they can spend their way into the Paradise?

• dozy
    dozy

The Bethel UK financial report stated that only 13% of these "loans" ever get repaid. With interest at 6% per year on the balance , they are effectively a donation. The WTS writes every couple of years to suggest that the loan gets turned into a donation - sooner or later most BOEs agree.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when i was accounts servant we had close to $20k in the society's account.

when our congregation savings got under $2k, i asked the elders if we could get some of our money back..... they sidestepped my suggestion and year later the society still has all that cash

• Open mind
    Open mind

You guys need to show a little more confidence in the Faithful Slave, IMO. We can trust them to fairly cause an "equalization" to occur.

I'm sure the Branch office in Nigeria is virtually identical to the facilities in Patterson. Don't you think?

om

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, Open Mind, it is certainly. That is why all the governing body are fighting amoungst themselves to be assigned there.

BTW - does anybody see a link between this thread and that other one about the Society not charging interest any more?

Maybe I am old-fashioned, but in the old days, a congregation was expected to be self sufficient except for the literature purchases from the society. No regular monthly contribution was ever sent to the Society except for the one at the end of the circuit assembly.

Nowadays, it seems like the big central society is like that vampire in the basement that everybody is afraid of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit