USA spent 1 Trillion dollars on war with Iraq and Afgans, good investment??

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seawolf
    seawolf

I'd hazzard a guess that there are far more fundamentalist muslims who want to blow up America now than there were before.

You cannot fight resentment with more oppression!

Negative. We'll bring democracy to them even if we have to kill every last one of them! -The Neocons

• amicus
    amicus

Ha! You will make me lazy(ier).

That depends entirely on what types of companies you were invested in back in 2000 or 2001 ;) It hasn't just been a good investment for some Americans, it's been a great investment for some Americans.

My thoughts exactly. Very profitable for those who knew this was going to occur early on. It's a common theme in the Great Democracy.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

And if the country collapses after the US pulls out, boy that really would be a bad investment

Bush and Cheney will really have a lot of pie on their faces then

• amicus
    amicus

And if the country collapses after the US pulls out, boy that really would be a bad investment

Bush and Cheney will really have a lot of pie on their faces then

No, sadly they won't. CEO's in the USof A are for the most part exempt from any negative fallout. That exclusive club of Rich White Boys takes very good care of it's own. Bush and Cheney worked very hard to insure folks we don't even know exist made profits that we couldn't even dream of. They will be rewarded. Unless they f up too badly. I bet that bumbling idiot Bush gave them some fits though. Oh well, all's well that ends well. Senior Bush is probably still trying to apologize for his idiot son. "Damn, if I had only given then Jeb".!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

True Amicus, Bush and his oil buddies have done well since he's been in office, what a retirement fund.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

good investment ?

Hmmm...I've always been told not to risk money you cannot afford to lose. And you never, ever borrow the money! But, that's exactly what Mr. Lil Bush did and we, our children and grandchildren will be in debt for a long time. Not to mention the generations of radical muslims whose relatives and friends were killed (for right or wrong). History tells us they are still pissed off over the Crusades, right ?

Ever wonder just 'how much' is a trillion dollars ? I have never been able to picture that big number in my head. I wondered, just how long would it take to count out $1 bills, if you could count one (1) $ per second ? What I found is...sobering...to say the least.

http://passporttoknowledge.com/sun/educators/teachertips.html

one million seconds = 11.7 days
    one billion seconds = 31.7 years
    one trillion seconds = 31,700 years/100 = 317 Centuries !

Yeah...what a great investment Vietnam & Iraq were. The US doesn't have to worry about inflation, recession or another depression. We'll just go bankrupt. China will be happy to take our place as the world's economic engine.

Y-a-a-a-y Bush/McCain !

• llbh
    llbh

The money could have been far being spent on the healthcare of the people in the USA or Infrastructure.

What about helping the poorer countries with thier water suppiles? That would help the image of America far more and do more good.

David

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

For the first time in HISTORY the Australian dollar is worth the same as the American dollar {was 70 cents afew years ago} sadly this is not because we are booming, it's due to the American economy crashing!

• yknot
    yknot

Okay .....this is just a smart adze response.....

Of course it has been a good investment, just ask Haliburton !!!!

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

hmmmm....well I think North America is now going into a deep recession, people are losing their jobs by the thousands. So instead of investing in ourselves we are throwing it all away in Afganistan and Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit