Have u found friendships w/ worldy people be hard?

by blkblk13 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

No most ,find me pretty easy to getb along, really nice,etc.....I'm sure others on here find much of the same. The only thing is they don't judge me for being JW. Either you want to hang out,ctahc a movie,game,etc or noit.

JW's....doesn't matter if you're the nicet person in the world. If you don't attend the hall, your AUTOMACTICALLY wicked. I found while in, I had very few freiends or good friends,but ALWAYS had tons on "wordly" friends who'd invite me places, and for a long time I felt guilty,because surely was not as spritually strong as a should have been,to have elment of 'stans' world wanting to associate with me.

While those not JW's have cliques, I found it ESPECIALLY true with JW's....almost even more so.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

blkblk13,

when I initially felt like I wanted to leave JWs in March, I had a very similar sentiment... I wanted to meet "worldly" people but didn't want to deal with the whole holiday or birthday issue... but since then I have done my research:

I highly suggest that you read In Search Of Christian Freedom.. its a long book, but it shows how the JW birthday and holiday stances are unscriptural, and are merely the opinion of the men in the tower.

I now am perfectly happy to celebrate holidays... my DA was announced on my birthday, so I will be celebrating that each year along with my B-day... I sent in my voter registration card today... and I tore up my blood card in April. So I am not a JW anymore, and I won't let my mind be influenced by that BS if I can help it...

I am newly out, but I am actively making friends, both among non-JW normal people (I agree, don't call the worldly), and among exJWs...

Its a process, but you need to do your homework. Find out the truth about the JWs... they don't base their beliefs on the Bible, rather it really os just their own interpretation of the Bible.

A@G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit