how many brothers and sisters were asked to leave USA bethel

by chirac 11 Replies latest jw friends

• chirac
    chirac

+Since three years can you tell me how many brothers and sisters where asked to find a new job???? MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER CHIRAC

• chirac
    chirac

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN MY QUESTION,,,?????

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know and neither does anyone else probably. Otherwise they would've posted by now. I bet the WTB&TS isn't publicizing the number, that's for sure!

• sir82
    sir82

I don't know the numbers for a certainty, but I seem to recall that about 1200 or so were let go about 3 years ago.

I heard from someone who knows that approximately 300 were let go so far this year, and the source expected that more that would let go befre the year is out.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Pardon my ignorance . . .

May I ask . . . why were these "let go"? Were they asked to leave . . . why? Layoff? Corruption?

ESTEE

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

why were these "let go"?

I believe the corporate term is "reduction in force" - layoffs. Cost-cutting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just an aside for a moment.

How badly does the organization manage people when they need to let
    people go that only earn room, board, small stipend and healthcare?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Look at the bright side for those who are still in...

You won't hear the WTBTS whining and encouraging people to go to beth-hell anymore, LOL. Pity about all those people they let go - give they're lives to the cult and look at what they got. A kick in the nuts or ovaries.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

How badly does the organization manage people when they need to let people go that only earn room, board, small stipend and healthcare?

Please note that I am not a licensed insurance agent, but I do some marketing work for one. From what I understand, the rates for young people are much lower than for the middle aged and elderly, especially in the current market place. Since this is the case, it stands to reason that cost savings on healthcare is the motivation behind the lay offs. I've read on other threads that younger ones are being called as quickly as the older ones are shoved out. NIce reward for all of those who have served the organization during their youth and then cast aside like yesterday's newspaper as soon as they reach middle age, huh?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

So now, what to these layed off people do? Put WTS on their resume and go looking for a real job???

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit