When the fog lifted - did you see the control tactics everywhere?

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wee John
    Wee John

Sure did!!And i wanted to tell everyone, especially my Father (who really believes he is in control of his life)... He sometimes has his doubts and questions the society occasionaly.(Very quietly)sssshhh

They have a tactic of control over my Father....Feed his ego...give him talks at the assembly.It sure stops him thinking too much when his next bit of free time is taken up with rehearsing a talk.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I saw the control tactics everywhere even before joining the washtowel. However, it was relatively mild compared to what the washtowel used. Telling everyone what to do at the a$$emblies, what to wear at all times, what kind of music to listen to, what they could not read, and everything to do with sex smacked of control tactics. And telling people not to look at independent sources did not help.

Of course, one of those control tactics warned of "secret" societies based on ancient Greek philosophers. I joined one of those just to slap the washtowel in the face, and it opened my eyes even more to the control tactics of all religion. It also helped simplify morality, and to see that God was very immoral. (Which I strongly suspected anyway). It added to my view of God as an almighty Tyrant who always sought to control others, if not by fraud then by messing up circumstances on people and blowing their chances at good experiences so they would be forced into doing His nefarious will.

No thanks, I do not need God or His guidance.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once I saw the control tactics in the watchtower I began to look for them elsewhere as well. I see them in other churches, in family, in the workplace, and even in the high pressure tactics of those bloody energy marketers who come to my door. I've seen a group-think mentality in some workplaces where employees feel the need to vote the way management tells them. I was called a "traitor" by co-workers when my contract expired and I accepted employment with the Liberal caucus. (The company backed the conservative party.) For some unknown reason, they think they can dictate your political leanings simply by virtue of the fact that they pay you a pathetic salary.

If I agree with someone or comply I get the inevitable pat on the back. If I disagree I get an argument or become an outcast. If I tell someone my thoughts are none of their business their programming seems to get all screwed up, and they either get angry, don't know what to say, or begin their circular reasoning all over again.

W

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

OMG, Yes I did. Actually I began seeing it as I was spending most of my time doing sound. Watching everyone from behind and how they acted. They were programmed to perform all the same. Everyone had the same actions. Then I began listening to the talks and WT closely and started adding up the control and guilt phrases being used. I finally made some changes to myself secretly without exposing myself. Read CofC and everthing just went off in my mind. I made the decision to leave and did it.

Now, like OTWO said.....

Still, many religions today have grown to allow their adherents to decide
    for themselves. I decided for myself that I don't need any of them.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Would you prefer a political party influencing you? or maybe corporate advertizing? or culture habits? Let's face it, we are controlled by lots of different entities. We think because we live in the west we are "free" when in fact many of our choices are constrained. When it comes to religion, I'm glad I had the experiance of the JWs as a youth. It has sensitized me to those control tactics and helped me to avoid fallinging into another trap. My religious affiliation is voluntary and on my own terms.. but then it is what was the intent of the originators of all religions... carmel

• Alexia
    Alexia

Yes

Despite my young age, it has taken me years to see it (due to the fact that I was raised around it) Control is everywhere, in all forms. They try to pass themselves off as a “free” religion in the form of “conscious matters” but that isn’t so. Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

• still_in74
    still_in74

I read the WT mags in amazement. I get more out of them than I ever did as a believer cause now I actually "read" them.

When i actually believed this BS I didnt care about the details. They didnt matter - the GB would NEVER lie to me, they had it together.

I just had to go to the KH and comment, go out in "service" and be a good boy. Jehovah would look after the rest.

Now i see the desperation in the WTS to hide the real truth from the R&F. It is almost a panic. They just cant get enough of warning people to not think independently and not to read anything on the internet or listen to anyone that says anything that might even make you think about thinking about questioning the org.

it is unbelievable now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit