WT Cult Evolution Over Last 10 Years

by Farkel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

How can it be a cult when the "Faithful Slave" was directly appointed by Jesus in 1919 when He inspected all the religions of the world and chose the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

A cult...

Shuns former members who left

Controls information flow to its members

Employs a central authority that can't be questioned

Has its own vocabulary

Denounces other denominations as being pawns of the debbil

Now, does that sound anything remotely like what the Watchtower Society practices?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Of course it's a cult. Nice post farkel.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

All that's left for the WT Society to do is mandate that anyone wanting to receive WT's and Awake!'s should have a mark bestowed upon their right hand or upper forhead. That will be the only way they will be able to receive WT instructions from now on.

LOL!!!

Wing Commander

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have been noticing this trend lately. Back in the 1990s, the littera-trash was available to pretty much anyone that wanted it. But, now you have to be in good standing to receive a washtowel, and then you have to go to the Kingdumb Hell. Heck, they won't even stop by and give it to you while you are out in field circus anymore!

Worse, they are really cracking down on independent thinking. No independent Bible study. No using independent sources to verify washtowel doctrine or the New World Translation. No college. Even field circus is getting more of a waste of everyone's time--NR's, invitation, crapt releases all designed to waste everyone's time placing wastes of paper quickly without having to open the Bible [to Ephesians 2:8 and 9]. Hopefully, that leads to fewer new recruits and less donations.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The changes that you so well articulated correspond with the availability of criticism coming from the internet.

Prior to 1995 the information to criticize the society was not readily available. That has changes and the society's response has been to become a more insular organization.

You will see more of the same over the next 10 years.

• Borgia
    Borgia

I have been sitting through most of the Sunday meetings and this I can tell: The last 6 months have been really shitty. The drivel they spawn is just incredible. And most dubbs do not see it, they seem not to be able to combine paragraph 3 with paragraph 19. It escapes their consciousness that every single "study" has actually enforced the idea of being submissive to the GB to the extreme.

In my view they fulfil the criteria for being a cult.

Cheers

• shamus100
    shamus100

http://www.rickross.com/warningsigns.html

Ten signs you are in a cult.

I used to think that the dubs were just a high-control group. Now, I'm not so sure.

• Quotes
    Quotes

WTS's relationship with the Rank&File reminds me of a broken relationship, where the one partner (i.e the R&F) is falling out of love, and the other partner (i.e. WTS) is increasingly obsessed, paranoid, even stalking; getting creepier and creepier all the time -- and in so doing, further accelerating the exit of unhappy partner.

From law suits over alleged copyright violations (*ahem*), to further restricted information (ie special Wichpower mags not intened for public consumption), the WTS is becoming more like Scientology every year.

Now, all they need is a couple of crazy celebrities, preferably some that will jump on Oprah's couch; then the transformation will be complete.

Oh, wait. They already have Prince and Michael Jackson. Now we just have to get the reclusive Prince to appear on Oprah, and the final piece of the puzzle will fall into place!

~Q

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes there are definite changes happening in Tower land , the pulling back on meetings, the new for eyes only WT. and I can only assume there will be more forth coming.

My guess is the tower is starting to crumble under its own self promoting doctrines and delusions, the people are starting to Awake that this solemnly guided faith may

not be truly divine as it pretends to be..

This may be the result of the bad media attention its been getting recently or the damming information that is available on the net , lets face it folks this religion was structure on

quite a few false premises so sooner or latter it has to make some dire changes for it to survive.

Were living in a age of information now an age that is quite different from what it was like 50, 60, 70 years ago, the social consciences of fragmented religious cults

has grown in society today.

To be sure the boys in Brooklyn will stay tentative in trying to keep the machine running, after all it is their livelihood .

Personally I see the JWS turning into a little more toned down version in the coming years just for the sake of surviving and try to make the operation of the organization

a little more in the shadows as it were, still there but definitely not as bold as it once was...........yes the times are indeed changing.

Lets call it Jehovah Witnesses Light in the coming years

• 1914BS
    1914BS

I used to believe the GB was real hahahahahahahah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit