Today at the Watchtower..........

by oneairhead 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Today at the watchtower on young ones, I wrote a note in the margin during the study. It was on the paragraph that said something to the affect of, how sad it would be for young ones to loose out so close to the end." I wrote "The carrot." My wife I am sure saw it and got up with her watchtower and bible and went to the bathroom until the end of the study. But has not said anything about it as of yet. Maybe she will. I am getting more forward but no where near the like of otwo who has discussions with his wife that he posts on here. My wife does not talk about things she just clams up and holds them inside until they just burst out in the form of emotion. I don't think she would turn me in because she would have already. I really think that events like these help her to think. One

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I wrote "The carrot." My wife I am sure saw it and got up with her watchtower and bible and went to the bathroom until the end of the study

Thats too bad this happened...perhaps it was something else...I guess give it the benefit of the doubt..

Its rather funny thinking about it....

"The Carrot" or drawing the carrot....

h4o

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Yeah I am. I really am at the point that what happens, happens. But you know that I will let everyone know.

One

• milligal
    milligal

I guess I'm not sure what the carrot means -I'm still new here.

Some questions I think of that help clarify a relationship are:

-Do you feel that if you wait for the right time you can start talking to your wife about your feelings-will she be more receptive at different times in your relationship?

-Do you at this point feel that she is able to handle the reality that you no longer buy into this religion?

-Are you thinking of 'fading out'? If so, would this slowly, gradually help the picture to become more clear to her?

My husband is out as I am, so I do not live with the same challenge as you, however I was raised JW as was he and I KNOW the mindmelt you are dealing with in your wife. Frankly I can understand the resistence she may also be feeling-I used to feel just as strongly as anyone (regular pioneered for 5 years). In my humble experience people will either accept the change or they won't. They are either 'lifers' or they are not. It's not something you can control at all. You know your wife better than anyone. You might really sit down and ask yourself what the best way would be to let her know, and are you ready for her response. Best wishes.

• RR
    RR

No doubt she hasn't turned you in, because she is having crisis of conscience all her own.

RR

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

milligal - I appreciate the kind words. When I read through the threads on hear it really perks me up, because when she is down I am down. I just wish she ccould experience the same freedom that I am experiencing in my mind.

RR - Lets hope so!

One

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I guess I'm not sure what the carrot means -I'm still new here.

It's an expression "dangling the carrot", like an incentive, or bribe.

• yknot
    yknot

My only comment on that piece of trash article this Sunday was that the KH parking lot was quite lean. The only children in the building were 3 17 years old who are handle the mics and & sound system.....

The WTS missed it's mark........which is pretty damn cool when you consider this a blind faith WTS following KH!

Hey Teddy-boy kiss my Jar'ass'cz

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Today at the watchtower on young ones, I wrote a note in the margin during the study. It was on the paragraph that said something to the affect of, how sad it would be for young ones to loose out so close to the end." I wrote "The carrot." My wife I am sure saw it and got up with her watchtower and bible and went to the bathroom until the end of the study. But has not said anything about it as of yet. Maybe she will. I am getting more forward but no where near the like of otwo who has discussions with his wife that he posts on here. My wife does not talk about things she just clams up and holds them inside until they just burst out in the form of emotion. I don't think she would turn me in because she would have already. I really think that events like these help her to think. One

Thank you for sharing this, this explains a recent event w/ someone that left my husband and myself scratching our heads.

I just do not understand how I once believed that whatever God is out there is so wrathful he would butcher innocent children.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another way to tell children to waste their lives pioneering. It will probably be in the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work Part 3, if it isn't already in Part 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit