HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Like myself, I know that there are many fathers here that have children, grown or young, that are still active jw's. I have 2 sons, 30 and 34. One is active the other is not. I know that I wll not recieve a call from them today. However, my wife and I are friends with a young couple that my wife works the girl. Her husband to be has accepted me like a dad and I have treated him like a son. He called me this morning to wish me a HAPPY FATHER's Day. I was very touched by his call. Sad, isn't it my friends, what this cult has done too our relationships....

To all of you and myself I wish you the best of today.

NMG

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

momz

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I had breakfast in bed this morning Still had to cut the grass though

Paul

• flipper
    flipper

NO MORE GUILT- I'm in the same situation as you- with 2 daughters in their early 20's in the cult. Although I won't hear from them- my non-witness son works with me later, so that will be nice. Work and love. But my wife got me a wonderful card with loving , appreciative words, which helps lots, and a new pair of kahki shorts ! So I'm pumped ! Happy Father's day to you as well friend, and all you other Father's out there as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Happy Father's Day! My wife gave me a shirt with these words on it: "Save The Planet It's The Only One With BEER!

Blueblades

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I just had another touching moment. My wife's adopted daughter, 36, just came by and gave me a nice T-shirt, a Father's day card and a big hug. She's a very loving girl, sad to say that she has been dealing with M.S. though for the past three years. Even with her infirmity, she's still very loving towards me and my wife. NMG

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Happy father's day to me... and a few other fathers.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, NMG ...

I understand ...

CoCo

• Casper
    Casper

alt

To all Fathers....

Cas

• lavendar
    lavendar

Boy, you hit a sore spot with me today. Our son became a JW a couple years ago......and sadly, I know he will not be calling his dad today for Father's Day. What kind of religion disallows their members to acknowledge their fathers on Father's Day?! The WTS prohibits ANY & ALL Holiday celebrations where family members can get together to fellowship with each other! Can't our son SEE this is absolute BUNK?! I just want to shake him out of his BRAINWASHED STUPOR!!

I'm sorry......I'm just feeling very emotional today.....and feeling sorry for myself that our son has become so blind.....

Lavendar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit