Shock and Awe Doctrine/Changes- Watchtower Comments

by burningbridges 12 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

WOW

Watchtower 1963 Aug 15 p.497 Each One Will Render an Account

8 All children of Adam need correction, and at times firm discipline requires the rod, in the administration of pain. "Foolishness is tied up with the heart of a boy; the rod of discipline is what will remove it far from him." (Prov. 22:15) Jehovah's discipline is thus not a watered-down discipline such as that advised by some worldly authorities who would always hold back the rod. But the literal rod is what is basically meant at Proverbs 23:13, 14: "Do not hold back discipline from the mere boy. In case you beat him with the rod, he will not die. With the rod you yourself should beat him, that you may deliver his very soul from Sheol itself." At times, then, a parent will need to speak to the child by the administration of pain. This pain, God's Word assures us, is not going to kill the child; but it will have beneficial effects, protective benefits for the child, protecting "his very soul from Sheol."

[Emphasis Added]

• Layla33
    Layla33

These type of admonishments are not only borderline abuse, but to very indoctrinated and unbalanced people, can be interrupted incorrectly where someone's making a statement about their free will and individuality causes a child, parent or wife/husband to be abused, beat and mistreated.

When I read these types of things it just makes me completely ill. What a disturbed religion. I so understand all the people who have suffered through this regime of control.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey burningbridges, maybe they should do a QFR on those who speak in Jehovah's name but the events do not come to pass:

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22) 20 "‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

Alas, in Ancient Israel, CT Russell would have been stoned in 1914. Does it not warm your heart?

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit